• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/32 Swallow (Tomy) Ki-84 Frank

sharkman

Master at Arms
So, here's a few pics of the Swallow kit. I don't have a 32nd scale Hasegawa for comparison so you'll have to look online.

There's 72 pieces, plus an additional 15 or so for the original battery/motor parts from the Tomy kit and some additional wheels and landing gear pieces for another plane. They also kitted a N1K George and a A6M Zero so I am thinking 1 sprue was a generic one for all the kits.

Scalemates suggests this kit is from the '80's and the decals seem fine. You get 4 different schemes, the box art (an army Kamikaze 58th "Sinbu". (4), 2.)520th special air defense fighter group (24), 3.) 73rd fighter group second squad. (91), and 4.) Hitachi teaching flight group (63).

instructions are well laid out, only 7 steps, and the kit parts are well detailed with finely recessed panel lines and rivets. The body and wings seem fine, where the kit lacks a bit is in some of the other details like the exhausts, cockpit, IP and engine but I think that with what you are given, a few additional details could be added to make the kit stand out (without having to go too crazy)! For example, I think the engine is passible, but given that it is set far back in the cowl, adding some ignition wires would be a huge help! I kinda like the sliding canopy feature!

IMG_7064.JPG
IMG_7067.JPG
IMG_7068.JPG
IMG_7069.JPG
IMG_7070.JPG
IMG_7071.JPG
IMG_7073.JPG
IMG_7074.JPG
IMG_7075.JPG
IMG_7076.JPG
IMG_7078.JPG
IMG_7079.JPG
IMG_7080.JPG
IMG_7081.JPG
IMG_7082.JPG
IMG_7083.JPG
IMG_7084.JPG
IMG_7085.JPG
IMG_7086.JPG
IMG_7087.JPG
IMG_7088.JPG
IMG_7089.JPG
IMG_7090.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Warren. I'm not sure the Review Squad section is open to the public. Might be, let's see. We generally put our reviews up in the Resources section, it generates a link to the discussion forum.

I can't move it to the Resources but I did move to Reviews. I'll lock down that other thread.

Thanks for the look Warren!

Back