• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/32 P-38M "M" for madness

Looking better and better :popcorn :popcorn :popcorn

Erik, thanks for the kind words ! But miss it ? Its been here for like 3 yrs now ! LOL............Harv

Hey Harv, sorry about that :blush: I guess it's because I was an AFV modeller and started modelling aircraft just recently :snoopy

Cheers Erik

Quick shots. The aluminum panels are done (?) and not thrilled with them. To me , they look more grey than aluminum. So let me know what you think. Should I leave them or maybe try silver ? Thanks for looking in.....Harv

Clicked the wrong button lol. I think the aluminum looks fine, maybe a bit on the grey side. But wouldn't they end up discolored due to the turbos

Maybe drybrush old silver on the raised parts? And will you be adding the heat distress also?
James

I'm with James, maybe a dry brushing of a brighter silver, or maybe even chrome. Then take it a step further with a dirty wash just to make it look used and abused. Those superchargers are justfreakinfantastic! (y)

Thanks all!! I did take James advice, and did some dry brushing with silver, and they do look better ! Glad you like the turbo's ! I really love the way they came out !.......Harv

Well, I said I'd be doing some work. Finally got the PE on the nose gear door. Now, I like doing PE, but I gotta tell you all, this was one BIG PITA ! Very flimsy and hard to do. I can bend them with thought control ! There that bad. But they are on ( now we'll see if I can keep them on. The main doors should be a bit easier. The PE attaches to the kit parts that are glued to the fuss. Had to remove and sand all on the nose door. Hopefully I can get the mains done tomorrow and start painting them . After that, the props ! Enjoy !........Harv

OK, this isn't going well. I thought I could knock these out, but proving to be a bear. One of four done, took most of the day again. 11 pieces of PE per door. And why oh why Eduard, do you leave parts out of the plan ? No hinge point for front of door actuator ? Also heads up. The PE parts that are glued to the plastic mounts, they are numbered backwards ! Enjoy.........Harv

Typical Eduards huh Harv, their instructions are mere suggestions and not very good ones at that. Doing a good job with it though. Press on! :pilot

(y) Keep the faith Harv. I know what you mean about Eduards. Their instructions are the pits. Not even suggestions . I think somewhere in must say good luck or gotcha. :sick:

Cheers, Christian B)

Back