• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/32 P-38M "M" for madness

Small up date. Well after suffering through the first door, found an easier way to locate the parts position before glueing. Taped the door in position , Then after pre assem the PITA hinges , mark location. Then remove and glue.
** NOTE** If you are building this model or planning to, I suggest this step be done before assem. the gear bays. It will save you lots of and frustration ! Lots more wiggle room and nothing in your way.
As always, comments welcome(as well as large amounts of praise !) LOL
Thats all for now, carry on........Harv

I guess I should of explained better, this is only to assemble the hinges, not to glue the doors on. That comes after painting them and weathering them. Final assembly.............Harv

Just pitiful....over a week off, and all I have to show, 3 out of 5 little doors done.Be glad when this build is over. As much as I like it, I'm ready to get er done............Harv

:popcorn
Looking good.
I have a question, I've always wanted to know what thos things are on top of the engine/ wing panels that look like wheels?
I've seen them for years on lightnings but have never known what they were.

Ian.

Those are the Superchargers Ian, you see them on the bottom of the engine nacelles of the B17. On other aircraft, like the P47, they are internal.

Ian, I can only guess you are talking about the turbo chargers. The circular things in the silver panels ?.........Harv

Sorry all. No new updates. Working 12 hr nights , 6 nights a week. Haven't ANY bench time. I'll update as soon as I have something.......Harv

Boy they fixed your ticker but good didn't they! Be careful Harv and take your time, we'll be here. :popcorn

OK, OK I touched it today ! Got the fiddly PE parts removed and folded. These are for the remaining 2 gear doors. I'll post more after there painted and weathered.............Harv

Back