• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/32 P-38M "M" for madness

Finally doors are done ! Had to repair a couple of the dam hinges , but time to move on. As always, all advice is welcome.......Harv

Hey Harv, missed your update the other day. Looking good so far, you got one of those prop jigs for the blades?

Aam and Bob, thanks for looking in. No Bob, I don't . Thought about making a simple one with a triange piece of card on a base with a rod in it....unless you have one to give away...LOL...........Harv

Well, with all thats been going on around my world, I took some time out at the bench. I managed to make my own prop pitch adjustable thingie dooodle. Here she is. Thanks all for your support and keeping me going on this journey...........Harv

It doesn't have to be pretty to work great- cheers, Phil! You can build those props with confidence- with a nice, simple jig. Well thought out!

Aam and Bob, thanks for looking in. No Bob, I don't . Thought about making a simple one with a triange piece of card on a base with a rod in it....unless you have one to give away...LOL...........Harv

Hey Harv, don't forget the right and left props are opposite . Just saying . Cool jig :good:

Cheers, Christian B)

DAMMIT, HARV! I've gone all soft in the head as far names go- must be Old-timer's Disease! I'm just gonna call errbody "hey, you" from here on out. Gotta go edit another thread- bye!

Well, no. I plan on breaking them loose( the triangle) and turn it around. The prop hub has a stud for the front spinner......Harv

I'm happy to report that since my life has been crap for a while, Got out of my funk for a bit and treated myself to a little bench time today. I managed to complete the prop blades and getting ready for paint. That is if we can get a little warmer weather around here. As always, critiques , comments welcome............Harv

Looking good Harv. Sorry to hear you've had a crummy go of it lately, but I can relate. Looking forward to seeing these painted and adorning your bird (y) (y) (y)
JAmes

I have NO idea where to post this, so move it if you must.....Merry Christmas to all ! After taking my dad to his appointments and having lunch with him, I hit the shopping trail. And got all my shopping done ! But I did make one stop at Bevmo ( whole sale Liquor store) and got my own little present ! A nice bottle of Makers 46, and I'm here to tell you, it's better than my favorite Maker's Mark. So, Happy Holidays to my forum family !!.........Harv

Back