• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Your Best Build

That is a phenomenal model Paul! That certainly does rank as one of the best on these boards too!

I'm taking the Belle to the IPMS show tomorrow, we'll see how she fairs. Wish they did scoring like AMPS. Guess they never will, too much ego to admit it's a better system.

Being a judge in both systems and a member of both organizations, as well as being in touch with members on the E-board of IPMS; I'd have to disagree. I also feel it is an unfair assessment. The biggest difficulty for IPMS is adapting the system for aircraft, ships, Sci-Fi, Real Space, and Automotive. How should each issue in each subject be scored, especially since each type of model has their own unique issues to watch for? Do decals rate a higher point score than canopies? Which should receive more points: aligned landing gear or aligned wings?

The IPMS E-board tried to set up a separate board to try and determine a quality scoring system for each type of models they judge, but nobody would volunteer to join it. Why? I don't know. Maybe the sheer magnitude of the task was too daunting, or maybe they felt an agreement could not be met for every class of model. So to chalk it all up to ego does not do justice to the actual complexity of the entire situation.

Furthermore, the AMPS style of judging requires five judges sitting at a table looking over each model which is run to them. Even AMPS guys admit that in a National show with 500-600+/- models; it is a challenge getting all of them judged in time, much less finding the judges to judge them. In an IPMS Nationals, there are typically in excess of 2000 models to judge. That times five judges around a table with five minutes judging time per model (As done by AMPS so feedback can be written) and you can see the time and personnel challenge faced by IPMS.

My apologies for such a long post but Bob, I just felt that you are far too intelligent an individual to believe such a blanket and lazy conclusion. If this post is unacceptable, feel free to delete it.

Good luck with the Belle at the show. I'm certain you'll place high with your quality work. :good:

Possibly my best to date, biggest and winner of my most awards, albeit all local.
h32c6a96.jpeg

h9a81864.jpeg

In 1/32 obviously

Yes I have a whole bunch of pictures of the whole project. One problem, the pictures are on my recently deceased computer, not a huge problem because the recently deceased computer can apparently be fixed. I simply have to fix it (A new video driver) put all the removed components back in/on it and I can access the files stored on it.
I shall get on that.

Thank you all very much, it’s awesome getting a pat on the back from great modellers!
I’m working on getting the wip. pictures onto my new computer and I’ll post them as soon as I can.
The main planes are glued solid as are the tail planes and upper roof which are all designed to be removable. Sadly the only really bad and I don’t mean “really bad” as terrible fit was the upper cabin roof. Most of the rest of the model can almost be friction fit or snap fit together. The roof of the cabin should be removable to see all the detail in the fight deck, radio room and bomb bay but I couldn’t live with the gaps so I glued it in place.
All the markings are painted on except the nose art pinup girl (I’ll post pics) of Idaiza. By painting the markings I can fade and weather them to my hearts content.
It really is a great kit! I can thoroughly recommend it.... to the point I bought another G and the E/F
There’s a plan afoot for that E/F!

That is some amazing work, no detail overlooked!
I can’t/ don’t build armour but I sure appreciate the work that goes into the models

Back