• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Your Best Build

Hi friends! ... this is one of my best project that I ever built ... this Panzer IV was assembly in the period of 2010 May until February of 2011 ... during this period I was living and working at the Brazilian Research Station in Antarctica ... it is impossible to paint this kit there ... so it was painted when I came back to may home ... at last, this post is dedicated to my friend Iron Mike... hope you like it...

Hope ou like it!

Luiz,

That was one of the best build threads ever. If you all didn't see that, Luiz treated us with photos from the Antarctica while he was building this. I don't think I ever saw the finished product.

Outstanding Luiz! :notworthy

I put in with my SLA M3

Why I like it? I would have to say it was a lot of fun. I had zero problems which is a first for me. I'm still not totally happy with it as I think I could have done better with the paint and I'm still searching for a crew man.

010_zpso8tibljd.jpg

F_09.jpg

8010_zpssplzzbim.jpg

F_07.jpg

Luiz, I don't know what to say except, thank you! I followed that thread daily and loved every minute of it! :notworthy :ro: Looking forward to your next best!!!

I don't know if this was my best but I really enjoyed building and finishing This Bronco Bishop.

h80dab76.jpg

h90134aa.jpg

h8f8983d.jpg

Tony lee :eek:ldguy

Iron mike asked me to post here. I'd have to say my best work are my large dioramas. But since everybody is posting individual models, I just grabbed the first one I came to in my build files. It began as a Roy Models resin Diamond T wrecker that was a very roughly cast kit produced back in the 1990s. The basic truck was OK, but I ended up scratching most of the details plus I added a lot of parts and equipment that didn't come with the kit. It seems every time I do this or scratch a vehicle because there were none in plastic, just about the time I finish one, it is released in injection plastic!

That's been my luck for as long as I can remember!

First, here are the kit parts as I was cleaning them up.

Diamond-Tacopy~0.jpg

Then some details I scratched and added.

Diamond-Tbcopy~0.jpg

Diamond-Tccopy~0.jpg

Diamond-Tecopy~0.jpg

Diamond-Tfcopy~0.jpg

Diamond-Tgcopy~0.jpg

Diamond-Thcopy~0.jpg

Then the finished Diamond T wrecker.

RTFF~0~0.jpg

RearF-1~0-1.jpg

A close up.

RBEDF~0~0.jpg

And a side shot.

leftF~0~0.jpg

Thanks for looking in,

Bob

This was a tough one for me as I really loved my Tuskegee Mustang and AFV Club Churchill AVRE...but your challenge made me really evaluate what my definition of my best really is. In the end, I had to go with what I was most proud of...and my choice in the end came about based on the fact it was a lot of firsts for me....my first vignette, my first non-aircraft build really, and my first build here as a member of MA. This was my entry in the Monroe Perdu build we did based on the excellent well. And I am also proud as I built it in honor of my grandmother who had recently passed and who was a member of the Macquis during the war and who was betrayed and put into one of the concentration camps and endured and survived. She was always a strong influence on me growing up and so it was easy in the end to pick this one- thank you for indulging my long story and thank you Mike for the challenge ;)

IMG_20180127_094259.jpg

IMG_20180127_094321.jpg

IMG_20180127_094348.jpg

Back