• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

WIP Double Duty

Hiya Tony.

That is some amazing work. And indeed it looks like it would be a packed house. It kind of reminds me of the U-boat guys sleeping amongst all the torpedos. I am curious though about weather or not they traveled around fully loaded like that, or if they moved from place to place empty, and just loaded up when they were going in to knock the snot out of something.

Gary B)

I read that a Tiger 1 ammo carrier was suppose to travel along with each Sturm but only one was ever built Gary. Nothing was said about how they resupplied these things and I think they said those rockets weighted something like 350 lbs each.

Thanks guys for coming by.
Tony Lee

All the ammo is not in place just yet Laura. The rest of the racks laying there go on the walls of the casement.

Tony Lee

Here you go Laura "A Full House"
100_0540.jpg

One in the chamber,a ready round on the loading cradle and 12 in storage,6 on each side. :woohoo:
100_0539.jpg

I been working on the Rail Road :laugh:
Tony Lee :)

With such a full house, makes you wonder where the help sits! Nice work, Tony! Keep going!! :ro:

Does look like a tight fit for the crew...
I hope they had some kind of hoist or something to throw
those shells around, either that or they were some pretty
stout individuals...
Kool looking though.
Shawn

Yep they have a small hoist mounted to the ceiling.Go back a page or two and there's a picture of it on the kit.
Did a little work on the SU-76 today and my Early Tiger 1 tracks came in this morning and I got those assembled too.

See Ya Later
Tony Lee

Did I read there was a crew of 5 in this thing? What did they do, strap on the side till the fired a couple of rounds?

Yep five and two seats up front.Wonder if that's where they learned how to lap dance? :woohoo:

Tony Lee :kiss:

It's been a pretty nice kit so far James. Hey Pup here's a better picture of those hinges.
100_0541.jpg

I think the front fender hinges will be a trick. Unlike these they are a rod and hook looking arrangement and tiny. :blink

All the little bits are stating to come together. And it is really looking like a Tiger more and more every day.

Tony Lee wrote:
Yeah pup,the big ones are for the flaps and there are two small hinges on each wing flap.

This made me wonder how fast a Tiger has to flap it's wings to get off the ground :laugh:

Gary B)

Tony,

This is a great build log... the quality and attention to detail is fantastic, and is so useful to me, especially given I'm building the same kit. :ro:

Thanks guys but i've arrived at a task i've been dreading. :eek:hmy:
If I pull this off i'm going to run for President because it's a sure thing that i'll win,the force is with me. :laugh:
100_0545.jpg

There's not enough surface on those hinge knuckles for glue to hold them so they'll have to be soldered and heat control is going to be a killer.
If anybody has a suggestion,don't hold back on me,Please

I also made a few copper wire grips,installed some PE and glued on the casement lifting hooks. I think those mud flap wings are getting ready for lift-off. :woohoo:
100_0546.jpg

Thanks Again and we'll see you tomorrow.

She's coming along very nicely, Tony! Best of luck with the fenders, you'll pull it off. (y)

Back