• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

WIP Double Duty

Pretty descent day I had. I fitted a engine firewall(just a little detail AFV forgot to include) that was donated to the cause by Detailfreak and much appreciated. Also the ATAK zimmerite that I got yesterday in the mail found its place. :woohoo:

100_0532.jpg

100_0534.jpg

100_0533.jpg

Thanks everyone for coming by and leaving me some fine comments today. B)
Tony Lee :)

Jeez that zimmerit looks good.

Well done Tony ,great effort ,your ploughing through these models.

Cheers
Michael

Hi Tony.

It is just amazing watching you plow through your work like this. Now if I could only get all the roof leaks under control in my modelling room I could give it a try also. Hopefully later today I will manage to get something done during the super bowling ;) .

Gary

Thanks Folks. Detail is good and the fit has been real good. The only thing against it has been the missing engine firewall.
Yeah I plan on working the tracks during the game and give my tail bone a treat with sitting in a soft recliner too. :woohoo:

Thanks again for your pleasing comments

"Some days are diamonds and some days are stone" :)
I got the Sturmtiger tracks assembled during the Super Bowl but we've got a problem Houston. Seems there is always something to frustrate you and spoil a prefect day.

100_0537.jpg

E-mailed Sprue Bros this morning but they're out of stock so it will just have to be a waiting game now. :angry:

May the Force be with you

Tony,
Looks great so far... I can't say I like the use of that
Soviet gun (on a German piece of Armor), :angry: but since the
Soviet's did give the Germans lots of them to play with, (reads
left tons of them laying around on the battlefield when they
retreated in the early stages). :blush: :S I guess it's ok.
Nice work though, even though it's not firing at a German tank
:unsure: :( ;) :evil:
Can't wait to see how they progress.
Shawn

Tony Lee wrote:
"Some days are diamonds and some days are stone" :)
I got the Sturmtiger tracks assembled during the Super Bowl but we've got a problem Houston. Seems there is always something to frustrate you and spoil a prefect day.

E-mailed Sprue Bros this morning but they're out of stock so it will just have to be a waiting game now. :angry:

I am assuming here that the "problem" is that you were expecting left and right handed tracks?

I just checked my set of ATL-06 Fruilmodel tracks and they will build up exactly the same as yours (even though there are two packs of tracks they are the "same" sided). Even the AFVClub workable tracks that I also purchased do not have left/right handed tracks. Also checked the "rubber band" tracks in the kit - same....

John

Whew.... :whhh after a little bit of research...

http://www.alanhamby.com/suspension.shtml

"The first 20 Tigers produced had left and right hand track links. In October 1942 this was changed so that the links were identical on each side. The left hand track was simply turned around and mounted backwards."

Man, that work is first rate!

MP, look here for general info about the rocket:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sturmtiger#Weapons

Sort of a German version of an SU-152!

Thanks for the info guys. B)
I have a number of photos that show Sturmtigers with the late production ice cleat tracks and both sides face the same direction and not in opposite directions.
It's hard to tell from the scan but take my word for it the cleats point forward on both sides something not possible if they were forged for the same side.
Picture.jpg

Sprue Bros. has contacted the USA supplier of Friulmodel tracks to see if this was a mistake in packaging or by design.

Just in case it's by design and not a mistake i've ordered a set of Tiger 1 tracks without the cleats since I don't like the looks of the opposite facing cleats.

The AFV Club kit is pretty much based on a late model Tiger 1 chassis with steel road wheels and from what i've read with them being built using available parts nothing was really the norm production wise.

Again Thanks for your interest :woohoo:

Ahhhh... see, that's your problem.... You're using actual photographic evidence verses information from the interwebs.... :huh:

Everyone knows the interwebs are neva wrongz..... :lol:

Seriously though, the contradictory information seems strange, and purely from a logistics point of view, wouldn't it have been far simpler to have used the same sets of tracks? Even with the famed German military and design efficiency, having to manage left and right handed track sets would seem extremely inefficient. :idonno

Changing the subject lets get back to the interior. :woohoo:
100_0538.jpg

You think the five guys that lived in this thing ever got to be good friends? :laugh:

Thanks and it is getting better and better alright. Just about ready to get started on the PE set too. :woohoo:

Back