• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

WIP Double Duty

Hi, Built the PE thingy for the Sturmtiger hull floor and cleaned up the resin parts.
100_0525.jpg

As for the SU: Installed some of the dodads and the return rollers but only cleaned up and dry fit the fenders.
100_0523.jpg

100_0524.jpg

Happy that you could come by
Tony Lee :)

Tony , that is a really cool sled gismo :) , both builds are really cool . I like how you removed plugs and cleaned the parts so all can be test fitted in the hull first .

Both are coming on real well .

Jenny :kiss:

Yep Matt i'm a sucker for AM goodies.

Jenny the resin parts look good but I think the same guys make up the instructions for Dragon.
Also by the time you put the inter panels that have the details on them inside the casement there's not much reason for the clear casement because you can't see through it. :eek:hmy: I'll more than likely just leave the casement top removable instead.

Wow!!! what a big idea the jig!!! Specially with the dammed miniart suspension.

Nice job with both models!

Cheers,
Pere Pla

Hi All: Something I forgot to mention was the fact that the Sturmtiger doesn't have a Engine Bulkhead,not the main kit or the interior kit so what you have is a big hole at the rear of the casement. :angry:

A lot of you would say that it's no big deal,just make one. Well i'm willing to try but i've never done any scratch building so that leaves me with this question, What do I need for building material????????

I just read the interior kit review at PMMS this morning and he agrees about the clear casement "Why Bother" and there's no excuse for the missing engine firewall. :(

Would someone out there PLEASE advise me as to what EVERGREEN I need to order?
Thanks heaps

no help with the evergreen but with the su-76!

please check out terry's review as there are two spots - axles (swing arms) and the cross member thingy (part 32) - that need attention:

http://www.perthmilitarymodelling.com/reviews/vehicles/miniart/miniart35036.html

Hi,

I usually order an assortment of thicknesses. For what you will be using it for, I'd say 0.04 inch is thick enough.

Much cheaper (if you have a 99cent store near) are plastic signs (Open/Close, Fore Sale, Beware of Dog). These are almost always polystyrene (at least in the US) and perfect for use.

Regards,

Thanks Laura but i've already got those problems covered. I read that review back when John was building his on the old forum and you guys told me which kit to buy. :woohoo:

Saul you're kidding. :eek:hmy: I think i've got a couple of those from the wifes yard sales down in the garage. They might be a little brittle from age but i'll check.

Thanks folks,I feel better now. :laugh:

If brittle, stick them in VERY warm water. They'll soften up like old toast! :D

Regards,

Hi and here's another update on the Sturmtiger. Interior goodies. :woohoo:
100_0528.jpg

100_0527.jpg

100_0526.jpg

Oh Saul those signs were already cracked pretty bad so I just got a couple of new ones at Wally World (92 cents). B)

See Ya Around Guys and Dolls

Pup that's the rockets from Tamiya solid aluminum and they are heavy and that's why I bought the box of AFV plastic shells. The storage racks look fragile so I decide to get those for the racks and use the aluminum ones as spares for resupply.

Thanks for dropping by Pup
Tony Lee

So that thing shot rockets, I thought it was some sort of mortar. They look heavy. Keep up the good work Tony!

wow i wish i had your motivation Tony!! i cant get models moving like that and i am unemployed :angry: i am enjoying this sippin on some ice tea :woohoo:

I'm retired Dave and I sip my coffee and tea at the bench. I've got my little tv and boom box right there and for me it beats the heck out of soaps or golf.

Tony Lee

Tony Lee wrote:
I'm retired Dave and I sip my coffee and tea at the bench. I've got my little tv and boom box right there and for me it beats the heck out of soaps or golf.

Tony Lee

Sounds just like my set up, 'cept for the retired part...

I'm just currently out of work for the most part and spending most of my time playing Mr. Mom.

Nice to see you're steadily plugging away as usual, a regular building machine.

B)

Great work so far. thats a lot of goodies to pack into those tanks. And I second Mike, great suggestion about the sled.

Back