• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

WIP Double Duty

Excellent, Tony! :laugh: You always come up with a good surprise! :dude

There's nothing that I can say about your ability with PE, that hasn't been said by the ohter guys in MA. As a matter of fact, your work needs not be described, as it can clearly be seen on the very sharp pics you post: congrats for that too! :notworthy

I'll keep tuned, for this is a very interesting Thread! (y)

Cheers and thanx for being with us! B)
Fernao

Now let me get this straight. Are you suggesting it needs a pair of jack blocks that looks something like one of these?
100_0862.jpg

You guys are sure hard to please,picky picky picky.:lol:
Tony lee:)

:cheer: :laugh: :eek:hmy: :D B) Not picky .... I just didn't want to see you short change yourself !:D Everything looks so Bad AZZ, it would be a shame to leave that out !! Hit those blocks with a nice Raw Umber Oil to stain it ! Bring out that Wood Grain !!! :ro:

ERIK

Well Fernao I wish I had a better camera,it's just a cheap Kodak,but I do use a tri-pod and the auto shutter release so I can eliminate the shakes.

I'm working on a "How To" or better yet a "How I Do It" for the Tricks and Tips forum now. Sure would do me proud to know at least one person gets something out it.

Sure appreciate your compliment

Well Fernao I wish I had a better camera,it's just a cheap Kodak,but I do use a tri-pod and the auto shutter release so I can eliminate the shakes.

I'm working on a "How To" or better yet a "How I Do It" for the Tricks and Tips forum now. Sure would do me proud to know at least one person gets something out it.

Sure appreciate your compliment

I know I will get something out of it! You do some great work.

"... I'm working on a "How To" or better yet a "How I Do It" for the Tricks and Tips forum now. Sure would do me proud to know at least one person gets something out it. ..."
Awww... c'mon Tony: there will be many a modeler that will benefit from your PE "How I Do It" and you know it! :dude There already is backstage talk about when this tutorial of yours will be released... lots of expectation, my friend!
emoticon_nod.gif
There's even talk that James Cameron is interested in the script... :D

On a more serious note, I'm pretty sure almost everyone one of us will benefit from your iniciative, so please hurry!!!
torcendo.gif

Cheers and take care! B)
Fernao

Your luck has changed Fernao,it's right here:
https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/Tips-and-Tricks

Thanks my friend

Rather than sand down the kits plastic jack blocks and apply the PE to those it's easier to just cut a
block of wood,in this case balsa,and it also makes everybody happy too.:lol:

One all together with one more to go on the other fender.
100_0889.jpg

I used Testors Wood and Metal glue in the "Green" tube for this.

Later Folks

Thanks guys:D
100_0896.jpg

Reworked the cleaning rods by drilling out the ends and installing joining studs on one end. Shaved off the molded on straps and replaced them with the PE leather straps.

#2: Assembled the jack block for this side.

#3: Shaved off all the molded on tool clamps and replaced those with the PE clamps.
100_0897.jpg

Too tired to place the tools on the other fender so I could get a picture for you people,i'll do it later.
A very slow and tedious day but worth it.
Thanks for coming by

Yo Tony,

Great PE lesson: I just don't seem to get enough outta this Thread! :notworthy If individually your PE boxes and stuff look good, on the tank they are absolutely superb. Even a beginner like me doesn't have any trouble seeing that you put the bar way up there, as many have already said. :notworthy

Excellent job, mate! :dude

Cheers and thanx for sharing!
Fernao

Mighty fine work you're doin Tony , mighty fine !!!

Nice crisp , square folds and applications on the pe , ......... niiiiiice .

Back