• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

WIP Double Duty

Tony lee

Master at Arms
Since it has turned off cold again and there's a snow storm going on around these part no sense in worrying about it so I built up a fire and threw two logs on. :woohoo:
This one yesterday:
100_0513.jpg

From what I had read in the reviews the rear deck was a bit tricky so I started there.
100_0509.jpg

John had me all excited over the SU-76 Soooooooo I got it down today and knocked the dust off.
100_0507.jpg

Step 1 is build the gun,that's different huh? I didn't get it completed today but not far from it.
100_0510.jpg

I'm going to build them both right here in this thread so if you think you can keep up you're welcome to join me. :eek:hmy:

Tony Lee :)

Great stuff... now the hard part. Voyager Models gives you a nice barrel replacement for the SturmTiger but sadly it is a copy of the incorrect Tamiya item (AFV Club's is more accurate). What will you do? Combine? Stick with the AFV Club and improve it? Or use the less accurate but already prepared Voyager Models item?

By the way, my radar gun says you're going to o fast!

Regards,

Hummmmm I hadn't read or heard that about the AM barrel so I guess I better stick with the kit part. Thanks Saul for laying that on me sir. Is there some info on what has to be done to correct the problem somewhere?

Pup you do know that if an old fart keeps moving he'll gather no moss haven't you? :laugh:

Thanks again Saul

Someone at Voyager did not like my review... :P

If you can find the LMD item:
http://www.track-link.net/reviews/k1798

I wrote publicly about the issue here:
http://www.planetarmor.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4225

The Hussar Productions one also looks nice but I have yet to see it in the flesh.

Regards,

:blink you're into some modelling decathlon tony, aren't you?

i just wished i could go on to my next build!

i got the su-76 in my stash too so this will be more than interesting to follow for me! :)

Hey, Tony
Surely you've heard about the tortoise and the hare. However, it's Saturday and this toroise has yet to leave the couch. I have thought about applying the primer coat to an intial production Tiger I I've been working on for nearly a year. The key words are "thought about." But, I might soon have to head to the bathroom.
Randy

Randy the best way to beat that is just not think but do it. My motivation comes to me as soon as the wife turns on the SOAPS. :eek:hmy:

Erica is not allowed in the bench area. :laugh:
Tony Lee

Wow! this will be like watching your favorite TV series
with a back to back double episode :woohoo:

Bring it On! I already have the popcorn and coke, I'n not going to miss this one.

:) Finished the construction of the SU-76 gun but i've got to check my refs and see if I need to add any welds or missing rivets. And I got the torsion bars,front gear boxes and rear axles on the Sturmtiger today too.
100_0517.jpg

100_0518.jpg

Here's a pic of what's in the AFV Club interior set for the Sturmtiger if you were wondering about it.
100_0514.jpg

Looks to be a good crowd has gathered round. :woohoo:
Tony Lee

You're off to another fantastic start, Tony! Looks like these will be fun to follow, as always!

:ro:

Hey Tony, I don't want to be the one to break it to you but these rivet counters are really gonna nail ya on the position of the gun.

That clear hull could be interesting. What better use of a snow day that sniffin' (non toxic) glue? Git'er done Tony. :woohoo:

Hey buddy, it's always good to see your latest model, and now a double treat,cool man. You are really pumping out some fantastic looking models lately. I have had no motivation the last few weeks, I've gotten bored and need something new. Maybe watching your builds will give me the kick in the butt that I need to get jump started.
Looking forward to more updates tony, keep up the good work my friend.

Rob
www.scratchmod.com

Be careful, Rob! Tony's builds have that effect on people, makes you want to run out and spend money! :woohoo: Nice work again, Tony, carry on!

Today was suspension day for the SU so I never had anytime to spend on the Sturmtiger.
I knew it was going to be a full day from reading the kit review at PMMS and Steve Zalogas build log at the Military Modelling site.
The problem is not a big deal to fix but it sure does eat up the time. If you ever plan to build this kit I would strongly advise you read both articles before hand so you have an idea of what you're up against.

Steve recommends that you build a jig to get the correct ground clearance and the wheels level after you mod the axles.
I made my own version of a support pallet for the hull and it sure made life easier.
100_0519.jpg

100_0520.jpg

Since the axle arms are so spindly i'm going to leave it attached until I just have to remove it.

Since I had a few minutes before supper I installed the gun hull mount and the two forward upper plates and then called it a day.
100_0521.jpg

100_0522.jpg

So how was you day?? :woohoo:

Nice work, soldier! I'll have to remember the sled base idea, that would help a bunch toward keeping the suspension all there and in line! Keep 'em comin'!

Back