• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Wing nut Wings FE2b Finished

Re: Wing nut Wings FE2b

Well, I guess my idea of watching Chuck or any master for that matter is different than some. I guess what I'm saying is that instead of being scared by his ability to build anything it inspires me .
Besides the builds are always full of good ideas and he answers questions when I have one.
After all, what can I learn from someone less capable than myself ? :idonno

Mr T. , are you the Sargent of arms ? You may have to throw paddy out of the building !

Cheers, Christian B)

Christian
I think you miss understand...I am 100% fired by Chuk, I will never be anywhere near his level but what i was saying to James was, if he is put off by my rigging and doesn't give his FE2b a go then i have failed because the idea is to inspire, just as chuk inspires me. If we dont try something because we dont think we will do as well as someone else then we would all look at chuks work and give up !! Anyone who follows any of my builds will know whether its trigging here, a real chain on a bike or an Aires engine set...or even a spoked wheel :) i always set myself a target i think i cant manage with the thinking that if i can pull it off then anyone can, so others will then be tempted to try something new as well. If one person looks at this build and thinks, Hey !! i can do that and has a go then its been worth posting on this thread.
I post on this thread for two reasons, one is we have to post to make the thread work, then people come back and we make friends and swop ideas and get inspired to do another build.. the site needs attractions to work and WIP threads are a good attraction. Secondly i want criticism to help me improve what i do. What i dont want to do is post to show off or put anyone off trying something themselves.
Nearly finished rigging the wings tonight. B)

Sorry, not sure I misunderstood anything. I'm sold on anyone daring enough to try something I haven't done yet. That's where I get my drive from. You , Chuck , Bob senior, Tim to mention a few. :popcorn

Doesn't matter to me tank , ship , road grader or plane. There's always something to learn and something to try ... :pilot

Sorry, i thought you were thinking i was having a go at chuk and wanted me thrown out the building :)

HAHAHAHA :yipee That would be a feat worth watching . Hope there"s plenty of pictures . Sorry , I know my sense of humor is out there ( somewhere ! ) :rotf I just need to find it .

Cheers, Christian B)

I'm pleased to say the basic wing rigging is done. still a lot of control cables to be added but now looking at the fuselarge structure !! :blink

_DSC4647.jpg

_DSC4649.jpg

thanks for looking :)

looking at the pics and reading basic rigging makes me shiver!

brilliant work paddy! most entertaining! :popcorn

Ye gods! Something I've got to live up here- amazing work, Paddy- just amazing! I think you'd find that if you'd used elastic the structure wouldn't be anywhere near as strong as it is now. The rigging on my balsa stick-and-tissue models always added a ton of strength to the flimsiest model.

Gotha- lurking under drafting table- oh, dear!

;)
chuk

That looks great Paddy. Kind of makes me want to try one of those Wingnut Wings kits. But the rigging is way out of my field right now.

Great stuff, Boy-o...

Someday, after the rapture, I will build a biplane...

That rigging is insane!

This looks just too good to be true :) - no honestly, this looks great!

Chuk is absolutely right in that the strength of the construction is doubled once rigged and the lines tensioned with a soldering iron. i wonder how that is effected using stretch lines ?
This is the tail section framework

_DSC4666.jpg

As you will guess this is also a spiders web of lines but as most dont have turn-buckles here i will drill holes and just stick the lines in place. It would be nice to do this as a separate item but i think it will distort if not fixed to the wings first. I hope to get at least some of the rigging done on the sides before fitting but lines across will pull the sides in and make fitting to the wings impossible i suspect.

I guess you have to be more careful with the elastic to make sure they are strung consistent?

:popcorn

I think this is as far as i can go without joining the tail to the wings....

_DSC4721.jpg

Its getting dificult to find somewher to pick it up...its not strong :laugh:

Back