• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Wing nut Wings FE2b Finished

Re: Wing nut Wings FE2b

That's using the old noodle, Paddy! Now just ask yerself, where would the spiders put it all? ;)

this could take some time ..... :laugh:

_DSC4639.jpg

all work has to be done under a magnifying glass using two pairs of tweezers....if you have poor eye sight and fat fingers like me :gogo

But it's oh so worthy the effort!!!

Love how you got the double lines so nicely separated. Mine were too close and wanted to stick together.

(y)

Amazing work Paddy!!

Would you mind explaining (briefly) how the lines are connected to the clips? I don't get it...or I missed it.

Thanks,
Tom

Oh man this is going to look cool when you're done. :ro:

B)

Tom
I use method 2 here
http://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/how_to_buckle.html

It's easy!

You put your left foot in
You take your left foot out
You put your left foot in

and you shake it all about...

See! East!

Truly impressive, Paddy

I've used the same technique on the Mast of the PBR, so Bob's Buckles can come in handy in all sorts of applications. (y)

I keep stopping to take photo's...it breaks the monotony :) :laugh:

_DSC4644.jpg

I'm about a 1/4 of the way there now. another wing to go, then the tail section which i haven't worked out how to do yet as it doesn't have turn-buckles.Then all the control wires.
slight problem i have is the wings flex very easily. 18 inch span is rather a lot for thin plastic, so my lines go slack and taught as they flex.
Note to self.....buy WnW own rigging thread if I am ever stupid enough :gogo to do something like this again as theirs is elastic so will stay taught. :) I'm using .0128 mm fishing line which i can tighten later with a hot blade.
I have snapped one of the rigging lines on the short strut behind the cockpit and i dont know gow i will replace this as its almost unreachable behind other rigging.

Shhhh....don't say anything about the one that snapped...

When I was working the Pup, I could not help to thnk that Scale Hardware or someone could make actual turn buckles that allow tightening. But elastic would work also! (y)

Don't know MP. It sounds good till I remember trying to adjust bicycle spokes to true up a wheel.

AND THEN :fencing :fencing :fencing I remember what it's like . Elastic sounds much saner to me making it possible to do it without the for PBR.

Cheers, Christian B)

Okay my desire to build a Fee has been terminated. No way I could do that.So I will enjoy every sigle pic you post. Fantastic work Paddy. And the broken rigging is easy.Pose the a/c with a rigger.He can be staring at it grimacing :D

James

Come on James, dont be put off by other peoples efforts or we would all look at chuks work and never build a model again :) Glad to see i am not banned here, lasted less than 24hours on the last site :)

Back