• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Wing nut Wings FE2b Finished

Re: Wing nut Wings FE2b

_DSC4735.jpg

Finally joined the two halves and it has made the whole thing a lot stronger :) it sort of looks done but there are actually dozens of parts still to fit, all the fine detail and we still have no control wires to the tail/rudder and airlons......or a prop :) the rigging to the bomb cradle looks like it might be fun :)

Beautiful Paddy. Just amazing work. I wonder if it would be worth while to buy a trained silk worm to take some of the work load off of you. Or maybe a rigging spider. :laugh: (y) (y) (y) (y)

James

So what are you attaching the rigging to on the tail? you have no turnbuckles there, did you install just the eyelets?

Simply outstanding. A work of art. Keep up the good work :soldier

James , I just read that scientist had just woven violin strings from spider web filaments. Probably better than silk. Now how to convince the spiders :idonno

Cheers, Christian B)

So what are you attaching the rigging to on the tail? you have no turnbuckles there, did you install just the eyelets?

Haven't a clue MP...just making it up as I go along :)I will think of something i hope :)

Right...the wires to the horns on the tail just run over the top of the horns then into the elevator itself. so thats easy...just super glue the cable to the top of the horn and the elevator. Problem solved. :)

You lot are too kind :)

I have now added the control wires to the tail.

_DSC4794_01.jpg

I still need to add the control wires for airlons + horns, wing skids. Bombs and racks, machine guns , fuel tanks and plumbing and all the little bits you leave till last because if you are like me you will break them off :)

Truth is MP, i didnt attach to the tail at all ! The lines go through the tail and back to the main frame.. Same with the control cables, they go from the front to the back, glued to the top of the horn, through the tail surface, glued to the underside horn and back to the front again...one piece.

_DSC4809.jpg

The wires from the tail plane to the ruder are one wire going round and round the tail. When you look at the real thing the fixings would be to small to see in this scale really but you could add a small bead of super glue to the wire where it goes through the surface then paint it to look like a fixing :)

you can see here how small the turnbuckles are on tail fixings and i figure you wouldnt really notice them.

_DSC4260.jpg

Just noticed the spring suspension for the tail strut. Very nice ! :woohoo:

Stunning model . Cheers, Christian B)

Back