• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Wing nut Wings FE2b Finished

paddy

Made a start on this rigging nightmare :)
Just turned a few bits into wood as i use oil paints and they take a week to dry.

_DSC4469.jpg

I will have to find a better way of doing wood finish as i don't like the thickness of oils. I haven't gone for the standard varnished wood grain that i used on my Brisfit this time. I want to portray a well used aircraft thats seen wind rain and more than its fair share of French muddy fields. I looked in the cockpit of the Fee at the RAF museum and it was gloss finished/French polished wood floor and my first thought was......I wonder how long that finish lasted, open to the rain and frost and "clogged with mud" boots :)
Anyway, off we go :)

Re: Wing nut Wings FE2b

Looks good from here! Ok this means I have to start the Albatros. :D

B)

Well why not Mr T :) My FE2 will need something to shoot down when its done :laugh:

Well why not Mr T :) My FE2 will need something to shoot down when its done :laugh:

You won't ever see me coming. The sun is bright.

"Beware of the Hun in the sun"

:v

A couple of pictures to show i am still alive :laugh: Not much to report really, this new WnW kits is typical in that it goes together perfectly. If i was pushed i would say its the best yet of the ones i have seen. This is still a huge learning curve for me because i just cant get on with the way i have recreated a wood finish, i find the oils do not set, even after a week and when they eventually do go off i cant then stick them because Super glue doesn't work on oil paints. That coupled with the thickness of oils filling detail. Already working on a better way of doing things but its to late for this kit :)

030212fe2b2.jpg

030212fe2b1.jpg

Still a lot to do to this bit so i will post another pic of it finished soon ( hopefully a bit more in focus)

Hey Paddy . That looks really nice.

Wonder who thought that a radiator directly behind the pilot was a good idea ?

Cheers, Christian B)

Probably the same guy that thought sitting on the fuel tank was a good idea too :)

In my experience, that seems to point to a non flyer. The engineer . Hmmmm ?
So much schooling ! :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

Awesome, now perhaps you will begin to mount canvas cover, the rest of what we already experience a very jealous about the skills :notworthy (y)

Wow, it looks better and better. I can nearly smell the pine dust and varnish over here ! :pilot

Cheers, Christian B)

One last picture before i close it up :)

_DSC4499.jpg

The little winch in the front ( the round cable drum on the side) is an Ariel that was dropped over the side to send a signal via the Morse code tapper on the top. The radio is at the front

That is some splendid work! Rigging on the inside, as if outside were not enough...

Regards,

Mighty fine work Paddy, the floorboard up front looks very good, has that scuffed up look. (y)

Man, that's beautiful. Every one of your builds make me want to go and buy that kit.

But, I gotta say...if oil paint is obscurring details...maybe...you're using too much paint?

Just a thought...

Tom

I don't have much modelling time at the moment as i'm trying to get a business going !! something the UK Government makes as difficult as they can :laugh:
Having to find the model before i start can waste precious time

_DSC4560.jpg

I "will" update soon. (y)

Back