• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

VMA 211 Wake Island Avengers

Paulw

I have a personal reason to be doing this build. My uncle was killed on Wake Island in the first attack.
I got this Trumpeter AV-8B Harrier II + from a special some one in England. But any way instead of starting with the pit as seems to be the norm I went with the engine first.

A little Vallejo primer.

followed by some gloss black.

The black was Humbrol gloss black

then I went with some Vallejo

then some MM silver in light mists

then a little color from Tamiya for some heat stress.

Outstanding effect. :good:

I couldn't wrap my head around what the connection was between Wake and a jet, but after a bit of surfing I got my answer. B)

OK, this is on hold until after payday. Have to replace some pe and other parts so I might as well go Aries or Wolfpack.

did some more on the pit today.

The seat is being replaced. I tried using a cloth band aid for the seat cushion fabric it looked ok at first but now it looks like mierda.

Innovative idea Paul :hmmm . Shame it didn't work out the way you were hoping.

Will keep it in mind though .

Cheers, Christian B)

Hello Kitty? :yipee I saw a chopper jock, while I was in Iraq, out of the 82d who had Sailor Moon on her helmut....

I have to slow down on my buying for the next couple of weeks because I am replacing this computer BUT I did manage to order a Aries seat yesterday for this bad boy. Now this got me in the mood to do some more stuff to this to get most of the fuselage together. Landing gear is pretty involved with several sub assemblies that goes together. The fuse sort of assembles like the Hasegawa one but with just a few differences.

If every thing from here goes together with out any set backs this will be one of my better builds.

Back