• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

VMA 211 Wake Island Avengers

I got bored and did some more additions. This time the vertical and horizontal stabilizers, cemented the front part to the back part and took care of a couple of gaps and steps. Dry fit the wing to check out how the wing looks and I almost feel as if I should have done this one gear up.

Wow! Nice shading! No metalizers? Is your AV-8B 1/32 scale, perhaps? :good:
Outstanding!!

With every thing that's been going on here at the house lately, I figured I would toss some paint at an old wounded warrior. I had spilled some debonder in this plane and ruined it for good and the canopy was a total loss. I caught a lucky break and got a hold of some new pit parts and an replacement canopy.Well I went and finished the wing and shot some primed and medium sea gray. I put the wing on and then discovered another anomaly. The real center line gear seems to extend a bit too far down which causes it to sit high center. That only allows one out rigger gear to touch the deck. And I have devised a plan to extend both out riggers to facilitate a good stance.

The crazing is from the debonder just splashing a bit into the wind screen. So I am hoping to have this near completion until my new purchases arrive and maybe I can at least get back to feeling like completing something.

Shouldn't be to hard to extend that outrigger. Question I have is do both outriggers hit the ground while parked?

Yes they do, Bob.

hd184a9e.jpg

Ian.

Thanks Ian, the reason I asked is because on the B52 both outriggers rarely touched the ground, even when loaded. They could raise and lower the struts for maintenance requirements and they might both hit then, but a good wind could lift a wing up and lean it over again.

Back