• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

USAF NMF

Cool, I have a nice looking Academy F86 that would do nice !

12 months - very doable - for me!!

Kryptosdaddy - F-104?
Me - Hasegawa 1/48 F-104C?
SA Dave - F-104 or ??
Moon Puppy - ??
Jknaus - F-84?
Nerdling - ??
Adam Baker - B-36?
Phil - F86

A thought occurred to me - don't be put off from joining this GB cos you may think you have to use Alclad or some other nonsense - I won't be. You can get very good results with Humbrol or Tamiya silver spray acrylic rattle cans amongst other alternatives. :zen

To tell you the truth, I've been thinking about going back to the old Model Masters Metalizers, think with the experiences I have had I could do very well with that stuff.

I already have in mind a good Campaign ribbon.

I'll have to think about this one. I've already got a lot on my plate at the moment, and I've definitely got no where to put the monstrosity that is the B-36, plus I've been thinking about building it as one of the B-36 development a/c so I have to decide what I want to do w/ it. I'll have to see if I've got any jet's in my stash that were BMF.

Yeah, well be realistic Adam, that's a huge freakin' aircraft, you'd want to do something you can knock out.

Just took a quick look through my stash, and it looks like the only thing I've got that would be BMF, is an F-86F.

I've been thinking about doing it in this scheme, Colorado ANG F-86F Minute Men

F-86F51-2884120TFSinAug-1983.jpg

I got decals awhile back for the 1/32 F-16 kit that was a 50th anniversary commemorative scheme for the F-86 Minute Men squadron.

29921cdec40111e19894123138140d8c_7.jpg

I guess I'll have to look & see if anyone makes decals for the F-86 scheme, and then go from there. It doesn't look like it would be too incredibly difficult to paint it.

Geez, doesnt that just figure. I found out that the Nat's sheet given out this year was all CO ANG stuff. And the Minute Men F-86F is one of the subjects, but its all in 1/48 & 1/72.

At this point it doesnt look like anyone has produced this scheme in 1/32. Might either have to find a way of enlarging the 1/48 stuff and printing it, or enlarging it and using it as a mask to paint the logo.

Yea, I suppose that's an option. Part of it was wanting to have the F-16 & the F-86 in matching scales w/ the schemes. It was also in an attempt to do it w/ something I already have in my stash. When I do group builds & such, I tend to prefer to not go out & buy something specifically to do unless its something I've wanted to do already and its a good reason to do it.

Back