• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

USAF NMF

I think I can join this one. I have an Academy 1/72 scale RB-50 aircraft I got for my birthday some years ago,. Been wanting to improve my bare metal finish technique, so I figure this will be a great opportunity to get this done.

Ok, I had another idea for the ribbon of this one -
USAFNMF2idea.jpg

I think a cross of the 2 proposed would be good. The background color & vertical stripes of this one

USAFNMF2idea.jpg

W/ the star & bar from this one

USAFNMF3.jpg

And then the ribbon texture used on the other ribbons in the background.

I think a cross of the 2 proposed would be good. The background color & vertical stripes of this one

USAFNMF2idea.jpg

W/ the star & bar from this one

USAFNMF3.jpg

And then the ribbon texture used on the other ribbons in the background.

Hmmmn, well Bob wasn't too bothered with the ribbon texture for this one as a metal badge would be more appropriate for this GB I think.
The idea of the star and bar is good except I think there may be too much stripes that way :hmmm
Back to the lab....

So I guess this is just for American aircraft? Seems like that might leave some people out.

:idonno

Good point on the metal texture, I hadnt thought of that.

Maybe instead of the Star & Bar, maybe a large Silver star or something instead?

So I guess this is just for American aircraft? Seems like that might leave some people out.

:idonno

When the Herder Chef finishes feeding the goats, we can check on that. He was the one who said USAF. But how many other countries flew NMF? I know there was a German guy who stripped his ME but that was not a standard thing.

Well BRITAIN for one flew quite a few NMF's. France also had quite a few and not to mention the Russians.

Then off course almost all the planes that flew in the early 50's were NMF or Aluminium painted.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the post war era. This is what I get for commenting while working...work work work...

Well then, this is good. We'll make this one US and then a follow-on one will be for all other non-US NMF.

Of course, that might make the badge a bit more difficult for a non-US NMF Grump Build. Then again, we could do the same background with the silhouette of an aircraft on the front as a bronze addition, instead of the Stars and Bars.

And who are these goats that everyone speaks of? I think I missed that one.....

Back