• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

USAF NMF

Here is the promotional poster.

h95c0a82.jpg

Terry :D

Well then, this is good. We'll make this one US and then a follow-on one will be for all other non-US NMF.

Of course, that might make the badge a bit more difficult for a non-US NMF Grump Build. Then again, we could do the same background with the silhouette of an aircraft on the front as a bronze addition, instead of the Stars and Bars.

And who are these goats that everyone speaks of? I think I missed that one.....
Its bad manners to mention Chefs Girlfriends :D

Next nice project :) If I will find a time then i will join with one of them:

F-86F (Korea 1950-53)
F-84G (Korea 1950-53)
F-80C (Korea 1950-53)
T-6G (Korea 1950-53)
A-26A/C (Korea 1950-53)
T-33A (Korea 1950-53)

All in 1/48 scale.

Good one Adam! They had some really colorful schemes.

I really don't know what I'll do. Looking forward to it though.

Yesterday, during the review of a large box with models I find a quite exotic for me model that fits perfectly this campaign. I decided that I will start out with him - Hobby Craft 1/48 Seversky S-2 / AP-7 Racer (mod. of P-35)

2.jpg
3.jpg

Think I'm going to try something new to me for this build. A guy on Aircraft Resource Center posted up pic's of a P-51 he did using Citadel Paints, that came out looking amazing.

Here's the pic he posted. He said he used Runefang Silver & Ironbreaker. He started w/ Runefang, let it dry for 24 hrs, then masked off various panels using post-it notes and went back w/ the a 1:1 of Runefang & Ironbreaker. After that was dry, he hit it w/ a diluted mix of Runefang to help blend it together. My Hobby Town here has a whole rack of Citadel Paints so I'll definitely be giving it a shot for my build.

rr5w.jpg

Adam, I've used the citadel paints before to good effect. I highly recommend them and will probably use them for my build as well. I used them on this P-51 but without any panel shading (It was called Mithril Silver before they changed their whole paint line up). I will have to try some panel shading this time around.

10P51D.jpg

Back