• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

U.S.S. Texas BB-35 Dreadnought Trumpeter 1/350

Thanks Mark at lest 350 of them aren't track links ... think I'll make a access hole in hull bottom for batteries ... I'll need a LED to illuminate the port holes ... the only trouble is Squadron never has the right color of paint in stock ... :captain

So to continue ... I have a few pictures for ya ...

h30feeab.JPG

I scrapped the paint off ... Must sand this a bit and come back with My acrylic paint ... :captain

hc22665e.JPG

hc35ec1f.JPG

he5b5671.JPG

I've gotten all the port holes drilled in Here ... so we will be able to proceed with the Air Castle

Gerry, before ya git too carried away on this, check that seam on the deck. I had to add some support to it on the Arizona I did. Was a little flimsy when I pressed on it.
But, this is lookin' good so far :drinks

The air castle is the area over edge of deck that is hanging in the Air where the 5 inch guns are ... that is painted blue ... notice the inside walls in photos ... I will try to do a better job of my description's ... :captain

Thanks James ... I've been in assembling a half track motor ... I may go in and paint that deck the photo etch will be next step ... (y)

Ok I managed to get the deck fiasco straightened out ...

h7957ef2.JPG

Proper color of blue/grey ... looking at the paint reference ...

h19a9848.JPG

Now I need to glue one oe these rack things on ... and find the other ... as two have gone AWOL ... :drunk ... :captain

Thanks Luiz ... lots more to go ... Next since I drilled the port Holes I must make some holes for light to get through ... from the bottom ... might be a problem since I can't remember where the bulkheads are ... :captain

Thanks Luiz ... lots more to go ... Next since I drilled the port Holes I must make some holes for light to get through ... from the bottom ... might be a problem since I can't remember where the bulkheads are ... :captain

Slow down & take a deep breath, check out your pics & plot a course of action Gerry :drinks She's comn' along nicely tho (y)

Thanks Ed .... Well not that I lost them and it is so hard to get a ideal across in Text & on a forum ... what I meant was where the Bulkheads were on the inside of the Hull ... so nothing is lost ...

h2d15ef7.JPG

I cut the hole for light ... now I just need some L.E.D's .....

(y) I figgered that's what ya meant Gerry. Now look at that gaping hole!! :eek:hmy: :S I'm sure it'll be covered up alright by the next deck but, before you go gluing it down, check it out as you might need to re-inforce the supports for that section...

Well I wanted light to shine up through here to the top tower ... but using one of my flashlights shinging through the hole were the #1 gun mounts it was bleeding through the plastic ... so I'll have to order some small L.E.D's .... :woohoo: :captain Don't worry the deck will be plenty strong as the air castle goes on the outside of hull and also attaches to the lines on outside of the hole in the deck ...

Well I wanted light to shine up through here to the top tower ... but using one of my flashlights shinging through the hole were the #1 gun mounts it was bleeding through the plastic ... so I'll have to order some small L.E.D's .... :woohoo: :captain Don't worry the deck will be plenty strong as the air castle goes on the outside of hull and also attaches to the lines on outside of the hole in the deck ...

Aight :good:

Well I was kind of stalled ... on this one but I'm happy to report that the two little deck supports that had gone Missing (A.W.O.L) have been located so I hope to be able to get back on this soon ... as I get Home ... :captain

Well I was kind of stalled ... on this one but I'm happy to report that the two little deck supports that had gone Missing (A.W.O.L) have been located so I hope to be able to get back on this soon ... as I get Home ... :captain

:dance :dance :dance (y) :popcorn

Back