• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

U.S.S. Texas BB-35 Dreadnought Trumpeter 1/350

Teah Gerry, the folks on this forum are awesome! :D MUCH nicer and more supportive than I have seen elsewhere.

Looking good on the build Gerry! Will be building on a big Arizona soon so am watching.

:good: :popcorn

Thanks Guys ... This ship building stuff is really great ... I always wanted to build a ship ... When I go to the model shows the ships are what I look at the Most ... I'm having lots of fun but I'm not going to make muck more progress until I get some extra money for Paint ... I'll just muddle along from now on ... :captain

ha20995a.JPG

h0abb2ae.JPG

hd8eb6ba.JPG

hd598fea.JPG

I cleaned up these Six 5-incher's ... I wanted to paint the inside of the deck ... closes I could find was Flanker Blue ... But that Ok because you can't see inside Here ... I was enamel with explains the job ... I may not be able to stand it and strip it and do'r right when I get some more funds looks like that may be on the 14th ... Oh Well I'll continue getting things ready ...

hee6e53d.JPG

Now in this photo these little circles look like drain holes to Me ... If I'm right I should open them up right ?

h354df0c.JPG

h28c2510.JPG

h83d1e6a.JPG

h50fd90d.JPG

Next deck ... goes on the previous deck over the guns ... :captain

h46547b8.JPG

h78b7944.JPG

he6ea297.JPG

he6ea297_2015-10-01.JPG

Like this .... But 1st I must install these ... little items ... :skipper

h4c98cea.JPG

I did one of these box looking things could hold ammo who knows

h43a8be2.JPG

I think these posts must go in those holes good thing I didn't drill them out !!! ... :captain

Without seeing the instructions, I'd say those holes are for supports, not drain holes... Check your references too...

Check this out Gerry
http://www.shipmodels.info/mws_forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=159182&start=0

Without seeing the instructions, I'd say those holes are for supports, not drain holes... Check your references too...

Check this out Gerry

I think I figured it out ... did I ever say I hate the translation process that happens between USA & China ....

P.S. Thanks for the Link .... I Hate You Dude !!! ... :rotf :rotf :rotf

Check this out Gerry

I think I figured it out ... did I ever say I hate the translation process that happens between USA & China ....

P.S. Thanks for the Link .... I Hate You Dude !!! ... :rotf :rotf :rotf

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :drinks

Yeah I looked at that set very close & it's very nice ... I couldn't find a price ... Mr. Kim acted like the two weren't interchangeable BB-34 to BB-35 ... So I may practice on this build & Build another when the detail set is ready ... For Eagle Quest ... :captain

Yeah I looked at that set very close & it's very nice ... I couldn't find a price ... Mr. Kim acted like the two weren't interchangeable BB-34 to BB-35 ... So I may practice on this build & Build another when the detail set is ready ... For Eagle Quest ... :captain

Yeah, there are some noticeable differences in the 2 from what I've read. Couldn't really tell ya off-hand other than the structures, masts, lay out of the guns.
Just be sure to check your references before ya do anything you aint sure of :good:
Read up on the D-Day invasion & how Texas damn near ran aground to help cover our boys!!

Thanks Jeff ... The destructions are really vague ... So Since I have two more I'll build this one and sell it to the first guy that wants it ... I'll be practice for the Best of Show .... I hope to get a chance to see Her Myself ... I know you'll take some pictures :rotf

I also hope Jeff & Mr. T that when We meet again ... that I'm worthy with this one Trying my Best ... 860 parts in this kit and half of them aren't track links ...

So what I did last night ... I scraped that blue paint off with my chisel ...

h07cf4b6.JPG

I added the other two little boxes and these upper deck supports ... for the afore mentioned ... holes

h5107ddd.JPG

Help me I'm getting AMS ....

hf212f92.JPG

hf208217.JPG

Lots of little port holes ............... :woohoo: :gogo :blink :S :frantic :captain ... I can see Clearly now after paint ... I'll use some window maker ... Shouldn't take a lot ... :eek:ldguy

Thanks Dave & Mark ... Lots of little portholes ... I sold myself a drill index that has 20 bits in it ... sizes 61-80 ... things are fixin' to get drilled ... I sit here at the shop and can't wait until 17:30 when I go Home to the Dry-dock ... not so be being in the dark ... Hey maybe I need a flashlight & a Doctor ... :hmmm :idonno (y) ... :soldier :soldier :soldier

Thanks Dave & Mark ... Lots of little portholes ... I sold myself a drill index that has 20 bits it size 61-80 ... things are fixin' to get drilled ... I sit here at the shop and can't wait until 17:30 when I go Home to the Dry-dock ... not so be being in the dark ... Hey maybe I need a flashlight & a Doctor ... :hmmm :idonno (y) ... :soldier :soldier :soldier

Me thinks ya mean a sonic screwdriver.... :hmmm :tomato

860 Parts is that all. You have a Puppy Kit from Trumpy...LOL Doing a very nice Job so far Gerry.....Cheers mark

Back