• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

U.S.S. Texas BB-35 Dreadnought Trumpeter 1/350

Hey Gerry, Was checkin' out my shipbuilding forum and came upon this post & thot I'd share it here... may be informative http://www.shipmodels.info/mws_forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=161647

:drinks

Some people just like to complain ... We model because that's what We do if the thing is warped, bent, or mangled ... Stuff happens ... I say fix it and shut up all ready ... My Texas went together very nice ... I just ordered some Micro Led's so I can finish this up ...

I'm still working on 'ol Blue out in the driveway ... that's been taking my time ... I just have to many Irons in the fire and must get to branding soon ... The new part is in just need to hook up the water hoses and a little O-Ring on the water pump is being hard to find ... But then again that Pontos set of aftermarket is ready for the Texas ... :drool :drool :drool

Hey Gerry, Was checkin' out my shipbuilding forum and came upon this post & thot I'd share it here... may be informative http://www.shipmodels.info/mws_forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=161647

:drinks

Some people just like to complain ... We model because that's what We do if the thing is warped, bent, or mangled ... Stuff happens ... I say fix it and shut up all ready ... My Texas went together very nice ... I just ordered some Micro Led's so I can finish this up ...

I'm still working on 'ol Blue out in the driveway ... that's been taking my time ... I just have to many Irons in the fire and must get to branding soon ... The new part is in just need to hook up the water hoses and a little O-Ring on the water pump is being hard to find ... But then again that Pontos set of aftermarket is ready for the Texas ... :drool :drool :drool

I just thot I'd share it with ya as a "Heads up" sorta thing. I've had a few kits that had warped parts & if they were too bad to fix, I contacted the supplier, told them about it & asked about how to get replacement(s) and they'd hook me up.
Glad you were able to get on with this build & am looking foreward to seein' ya git back on her when ya can :drinks

Well so much for reminiscing ... Miss Ya Bro. ... On with the show ... I received a different led on eBay ... Watch the blue ones ... If they have chrome wire leads don't buy them ... I'm bumping this up ...

Yeah, I kinda miss old Hippy Ed as well. Never got to meet him in person but he was quite a character here on the Alliance.

:drinks Cheers Ed!

So,
Did you ever get the LED's?

I miss him too. I'm glad I got to finish my Vigilante for him too.

Now, where are we on this ship? I want to see this done!

I miss him too. I'm glad I got to finish my Vigilante for him too.

Now, where are we on this ship? I want to see this done!

Me too I like these nano LEDs my supplier has red (+ volts) and black cathode (- volts) wires on these LEDs ... Since I'll be spending a few weeks at home ... Taking care of my wife ... I could get the Texas out and do some more work ... :captain

Back