• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Typhoon 1B

Dude I am so sorry to see this! In my prayers fer-sher!

Just a quick pic to show that this is still moving forward. Bottom color and first top color are on. Hope to get the green on tomorrow.

06TYP1B.jpg

This was supposed to be a quick weekend or week long build to give me a break from the short run kits that I have been working on but life has a way of throwing curve balls at you. To make a long story short my wife had to go into the hospital the weekend I started to work on this and has been diagnosed with cancer. In the same week her step mother was diagnosed with breast cancer and this week my 87 year old father got the results of his biopsy and yes, it is cancer too. My wife is back home now and feeling much better but we know there is a long road ahead of us before she gets better.

So to my wife, my other family members and fellow modelers who are dealing with this nasty disease. This build is dedicated to you.

Oh, and tonight my brother fell off a ladder and fractured his hip... :frantic

I'm still fighting with the sharkmouth decal trying to get it to settle down. It's a two part decal with the red first and then the teeth. If I can't get the red part to settle down I will likely mask it off and paint it.

08TYP1B.jpg

09TYP1B.jpg

The aviology decals were a little fragile but worked well. What really surprised me were the kit airfix decals I used for the wing walks and the yellow leading edge. They really snuggled down great. :D

Thanks guys!

After five days on the road over snowy mountain passes its good to be back at the bench.

Getting close! :D

10TYP1B.jpg

11TYP1B.jpg

Still have some minor fix ups on the sharkmouth. Notice the difference on the teeth on either side? At first I thought I had screwed up but the decal is actually different for each side.

Is there an orthodontist in the house ? :rotf

They do look a bit different but I probably would not have noticed had you not mentioned it :idonno

Cheers, Christian B)

The Typhoon is coming along quite nicely Dave! (y)

Sorry to hear of the woes your family is having and wish all becomes well with everyone.

Thanks everyone. Got the gear bay doors on earlier and other bits. Just got to touch up some paint on the rockets and they are all that's left.

Back