• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Typhoon 1B

Thanks Mike, the pit colour is an old bottle of Polyscale British interior grey green that I had laying around. Can't see any of it now that the fuselage is closed up. the gear bays i understand are supposed to be the same as the underside colour so those will get painted over.

Thanks Mike, the pit colour is an old bottle of Polyscale British interior grey green that I had laying around. Can't see any of it now that the fuselage is closed up. the gear bays i understand are supposed to be the same as the underside colour so those will get painted over.

Nice work on the Tiffie. The wheel wells and gear doors on Tiffies were finished with Aluminum paint.

Cheers,
Rich

Thanks guys! :drinks

Rich, thanks for that. I'm a bit of a slacker when it comes to doing the research. :smack

Just a quick pic to show that this is still moving forward. Bottom color and first top color are on. Hope to get the green on tomorrow.

06TYP1B.jpg

This was supposed to be a quick weekend or week long build to give me a break from the short run kits that I have been working on but life has a way of throwing curve balls at you. To make a long story short my wife had to go into the hospital the weekend I started to work on this and has been diagnosed with cancer. In the same week her step mother was diagnosed with breast cancer and this week my 87 year old father got the results of his biopsy and yes, it is cancer too. My wife is back home now and feeling much better but we know there is a long road ahead of us before she gets better.

So to my wife, my other family members and fellow modelers who are dealing with this nasty disease. This build is dedicated to you.

Oh, and tonight my brother fell off a ladder and fractured his hip... :frantic

Holy Smokes.

We're here whether you need a distraction or an ear. In the meantime, nothing but positive waves. :zen

Wow Dave, I'll be sending up prayers too. Talk about being kicked while you're down. I thought it was bad for me dealing with this disease and then shooting myself with a nail gun. So, I know how you feel and what you're going through. You need anything, let me know; even if it's just an ear to bend.

Keep the Faith man, and savor every moment you have with family.

Thanks guys, really appreciate all your support.

Mark, you hang in there and stay away from the nail gun. :salute

My wife met with the oncologist and the prognosis looks promising. She starts chemo on Monday. Step mother-in-law had her surgery already and they are taking a wait and see approach with my father. (y)

More progress. should get some decals on tonight.

07TYP1B.jpg

Neat, very neat indeed. Been looking at some WWII projects to follow the F-5 and the Tiffy is very high on the list.

Ian.

Wow Dave I'm short on words for your situation . Prayers for your family .

Good looking kit and nice paint job :good:

Cheers, Christian B)

Bloody hell Dave..... :zen Praying they were caught early enough to be treated.

Glad to see you found some bench time to "clear the head". :good:

Thanks guys.

The nice thing is that I am a landscaper and my season just ended on tuesday so I have a couple months off (mostly) to spend time looking after my wife and to do some modeling.

Ian, this kit has been pretty nice. The new airfix kits aren't tamigawa quality by any stretch of the imagination but they are lightyears ahead of the old kits.

Back