• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Typhoon 1B

razordws

This will be my first build and I wanted to keep it simple because I already have the Special Hobby Piaggio P.108 on the bench for the Bomber command campaign. Hopefully things will slow down for me and I can tackle something more substantial for a second build.

I picked this kit because I still have not actually built one of the new Airfix kits (even though I've bought quite a few) and because I picked up a really nice decal set for it. Hope to get it substantially completed over the long weekend coming up next week. I still need to get over to the donation portal too. :blush:

Thanks for looking in.

01TYP1B.jpg

Thanks for the interest guys.

Wife picked up 350 fence boards in the pick-up after work today. Guess what I am doing tomorrow. :idonno :pinch:

:popcorn looking forward to watching the build, I have heard a lot of good things about the kits Airfix is releasing, night and day above the old 60/70's kits.

James

Thanks James, as you'll see in these pics Airfix has come a long way especially on the interior where you used to only get a seat and a stick.

Got a start on this last weekend and got to the point where I can now close it up. Started to do that last night and will go finish putting on the wings in a bit. Spent the day off yesterday working on the fence but it is raining buckets today so hope to get lots done at the bench. :D

02TYP1B.jpg

03TYP1B.jpg

Thanks, Luiz, Christian!

Forgot to mention I had some Eduard seat belts lying around that I added to the pit.

All closed up now. Got some PSR to do before paint.

04TYP1B.jpg

05TYP1B.jpg

Back