• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tom's B-26 Marauder

tomwes

Here we go, Revell B-26 Marauder, Big Ed PE set, Squadron vac-formed canopy (that doesn't look crystal clear) and I'm not sure which markings I'm going to use yet.
B-26Marauder002.jpg

B-26Marauder001.jpg

B-26Marauder004.jpg

B-26Marauder003.jpg

Tom

I'm sure there were some with pin ups and sharkmouth markings on the same aircraft...
;)

By the way, carefully wash the vacuum formed canopies, let air dry, then dip in Future. Unless you see scratches. If you do, send them back to SMO/MMD for a replacement. I would be surprised though as the vacuum-formed canopies are done by Ventura of New Zealand and so far, everything is to a high standard.

Regards,

Yeah, I would be leaning towards the pinup girls myself... :mpup

I'm tellin' ay. that one with the NMF/OD with two pinups is a show stopper!

By the way, carefully wash the vacuum formed canopies, let air dry, then dip in Future. Unless you see scratches. If you do, send them back to SMO/MMD for a replacement. I would be surprised though as the vacuum-formed canopies are done by Ventura of New Zealand and so far, everything is to a high standard.

Regards,

Saul, I'm confident the vac-form canopy will be fine, no scratches so washing and dipping in future should do the trick.

Here is my pick for the scheme: OD over NMF "Hard To Get" Meowww!

B-26001.jpg

I got a little bit of a start on this, started with the bomb bay and after a couple of hours got the front bulkhead done.....what have I gotten myself into?

B-26B002.jpg

Sure glad I invested in one of these:

B-26B001.jpg

All I can say is ....HA HA!!

Really, nice work so far Tom. That PE is going to pay off with the doors open.

Nice work so far! And yes, The Small Shop's tools are still the best in my opinion.

Regards,

Next update:

I've been doing a little bit when I get home from work, finished the front and rear bomb bay bulkheads and that's about as far as I can go with the bomb bay till the fuselage halves are joined up

Rear bulkhead
B-26001-1.jpg

Next started on the cockpit floor, added the nose gear walls and then realized I needed to remove the entry hatch cover, I got ahead of myself on that but it turned out ok.

B-26002.jpg

B-26004.jpg

I was leary of the PE pilots seat....ok I was scared of it, folding very thin PE but I figured if I screw it up I'll use the kit part. I think it will do under the canopy glass.

B-26005.jpg

B-26006.jpg

B-26007.jpg

On to some of the cockpit sidewall PE

B-26008.jpg

B-26009.jpg

I really have to think things through with all this PE, so far have just scratched the surface with all of it :gogo

Tom

I know what you are talking about. I started with the instrument panel and that stuff. Your brave I didn't use the PE pilots chair. I did make the jump seat. Still have to make the bomb site stuff next.

Great Work!!!!

Terry (y)

Looks great Tom! I hear you on the PE stuff...I am enjoying using it more than I ever have thanks to a good folding tool...but there are time I have to pause and try to wrap my head around some of the shapes they want you to create from a flat piece of metal!

Looks great Tom! I hear you on the PE stuff...I am enjoying using it more than I ever have thanks to a good folding tool...but there are time I have to pause and try to wrap my head around some of the shapes they want you to create from a flat piece of metal!

If a piece takes some figuring out try taking a piece of printer paper or post it note. Sometimes bigger is better. Then fold it on the desk with a ruler. You quickly see where you have to fold first. Might take a couple of pieces of paper. Then do the metal. Just a thought.
James

That's a great thought James...thanks! And now I know what to do with all those Pfizer post-it note pads I get from my brother-in-law ;)

Back