• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

TLAR Models SC Peachoid

Iron Mike

Master At Arms And Resident Curmudgeon
Oh boy, here's round two of my CTA III action. It's the Gaffney Peachoid Water Tower from the fine folks at TLAR Models. For those of you unfamiliar with this icon of I-85, it's affectionately known as The Big Butt Crack to us locals. I got poked in the ribs to paint this thing, apparently someone thinks I have the ability to do so. :rotf

Here's the real deal...

8073118867_6509260e5f_z.jpg

Peachoid-27527.jpg

Peachoid.jpg

And here's what I started with, wearing a good coat of Tamiya Gray primer...

IMG_8973.JPG

IMG_8974.JPG

IMG_8975.JPG

I added a couple coats of Tamiya XF-68 Nato Brown for the base...

IMG_8976.JPG

IMG_8977.JPG

Sponged on some really thinned Model Color Golden Yellow

IMG_8987.JPG

I then started mixing various colors of Model Color and sponging on layers to get the mottled peach effect.

IMG_8993.JPG

Leaf is Model Color US Army Uniform. :salute

IMG_8994.JPG

IMG_8995.JPG

IMG_8996.JPG

IMG_8997.JPG

More details and touch up to come and maybe figure out a base. Hmmm, maybe out of the box CAN be done??? :idonno

For all affected by this ugly disease, you are in thoughts and prayers. B)

Buttifull Mike ! :yipee I guess you can do it (y)
When's the restaurant going in :coolio You know ...realism. :idonno

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks guys! I seem to have have gotten a little behind this week, BUTT I'll have to get cracking to finish so this thread doesn't go to the bottom of the forum and make me look like an ass. :D

:drinks

Calling the Peachoid done. I know, there's more I could have done, like a real base, but I'll save that for another day.

IMG_9016.JPG

IMG_9014.JPG

IMG_9013.JPG

IMG_9015.JPG

Thanks for watching and for all the cracks. :D

Foxtrot
Uniform
Charlie
Kilo

Cancer.

:ro:

I love it! Brilliant job on such an unusual little structure. Maybe someday you can add it to a base. This makes me want to get one of these to add to a photo base!

Calling the Peachoid done. I know, there's more I could have done, like a real base, but I'll save that for another day.

IMG_9016.JPG

IMG_9014.JPG

IMG_9013.JPG

IMG_9015.JPG

Thanks for watching and for all the cracks. :D

Foxtrot
Uniform
Charlie
Kilo

Cancer.

:ro:
Oooh you cracked that one right out the stadium and no Butts about it :D (y)

PS does anybody know why I feel like I just watched a plumber working?

Thanks, guys! I debated on adding the Gaffney lettering, maybe when I do the base? A big shout out to Rhino and TLAR Models for providing the victim, I mean, kit. :good:

:rotf :rotf :rotf :rotf :rotf :rotf :rotf :rotf :yipee :good: :notworthy (y)
HAHA HA!! Well Done, Young Mister!!! You make me SO Very Proud!! I figure some stray 1/350 USN decals for the 4 "Gaffney" markings. I'm working on my own 1/700 Peachoid, butt my crack-casting is permeated with micro-bubbles. :bang head Ever forward, nonetheless!!
:drinks :ro: :dude

Back