• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

This Clown's a Joker! Serb T-34B

Its coming along Saul Just enjoy the build and think of the good its doing. All the best.
James

I got word that one of the modelers at the Scale Model Enthusiasts Club passed away from Cancer. Although I knew who it was, I called to confirm and indeed it is Dr. Fuzz. His ten year old daughter, a modeler in her own right, will be missed as she kept my son company. Horrid disease.

Regards,

Just a few more weld beads, then to add the pin return ramps, hinges and tow hooks. The lower hull will be done.

SerbT34B_015.jpg

SerbT34B_016.jpg

I didn't take a photo of the turret but weld beads are all it needs.

Regards,

The hull photos don't show it clearly but I had to move weld lines, add new ones (reddish brown rod), add deflectors (triangular Plastruct shapes), new drain on hull bottom (red styrene sheet), new drains on differential gear covers, grease ports on differential gear covers, plus filled the gap on the lower rear hull plate so it reaches the upper rear hull plate. Note also the filling of large gaps at the front of the sponsons with thick sheet styrene.

Regards,

I didn't take a photo of the turret but weld beads are all it needs.

Actually, painted the cast areas with Gunze's Mr. Surfacer 1500 and found some flaws to fix before adding weld beads. Not to mention that the port pistol port needs to be dropped about 1mm.

On the bright side, I am done adding welds to the hull bottom. Adding bolts to the dampers (which held the rubber for the stops).

Upper hull is next. Instead of going the 'easy' way out with regards to what can be seen under the screens and grates, I decided to graft in the AFV club parts since the kit I took the turret from is for spares.

Photos coming once I have some things to show.

Oh my! I actually stated I put primer on a kit!

Regards,

Yes, the Macro function on a camera is a blessing and a curse. Instead of posting the photos, out came the Squadron White Putty, some sanding, and here I stand (some more sanding needed):

SerbT34B_017.jpg

SerbT34B_018.jpg

Tomorrow, I get all the wheels together and continue working on the upper hull. Driver's hatch completed though.

Regards,

Yep, the camera doesn't lie.

When I'm working on something, this is what I see:

h25f217a.jpeg

Then I take the photo and this is what it really looks like:

hea4e630.jpeg

Nice work by the way. Insane, but nice.

Yes, the Macro function on a camera is a blessing and a curse. Instead of posting the photos, out came the Squadron White Putty, some sanding, and here I stand (some more sanding needed):

SerbT34B_017.jpg

SerbT34B_018.jpg

Tomorrow, I get all the wheels together and continue working on the upper hull. Driver's hatch completed though.

Regards,

:popcorn

When I'm working on something, this is what I see:
h25f217a.jpeg

Then I take the photo and this is what it really looks like:
hea4e630.jpeg

Since I was working with clear plastic, it was even worse! My son loved the Spongebob Squarepants comparisons, by the way!

Never mind the dust, I grafted parts of the AFV Club engine deck so as to have things to see under the grills.

SerbT34B_019.jpg

SerbT34B_020.jpg

Regards,

Back