• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

This Clown's a Joker! Serb T-34B

For over a year, I was wondering what looked off about the star wheels. The openings are correct in both size and shape, the hub is correctly shown with a large flange but it looked off.

View attachment 1167
There lies the problem. The axle area behind the hub is much too large on the Star wheels.
View attachment 1166

So, I have a placed an order for the following... now waiting:

View attachment 1168

While this is for my TMD STZ Factory T-34 from 1942.

View attachment 1169

Regards,
very
For over a year, I was wondering what looked off about the star wheels. The openings are correct in both size and shape, the hub is correctly shown with a large flange but it looked off.

View attachment 1167
There lies the problem. The axle area behind the hub is much too large on the Star wheels.
View attachment 1166

So, I have a placed an order for the following... now waiting:

View attachment 1168

While this is for my TMD STZ Factory T-34 from 1942.

View attachment 1169

Regards,
Very cool, makes me want to build one with an engine.(y):cool:

I got the wheels in and the problems I mentioned are obvious

1591318625017.png

Not only were the T-44M smaller in diameter (center in photo) but the hub area was MUCH larger.

1591318783971.png

Regards,

So cool. You pick up on stuff I dont think I would even notice, or know about for that matter.
James

1592193735737.png

Well... the raised section on the wheels (B) are too tall for the recesses (A) on the other half.
1592213077159.png

This causes a visible gap.
MiniArt3703307.JPG

It is a simple matter to cut the raised sections off but one must be careful aligning them properly.
MiniArt3703308.JPG

Regards,

Last edited:
So I Just read through this entire build thread....what an Awesome project!! Nice to see you back at this one :popcorn
:victory:

Cool stuff. Maybe a good alignment tool would be a piece of foam or wood with 3 tubes in it. Slide the one half on through the holes, not the tear drops, add some glue and then slip next half on. At least all would be the same alignment.
James

Comparison to Trumpeter's AT-T/BAT-M road wheel on left. Note that the T-34 wheel needs to be carefully aligned (not glued here).

MiniArt3703309.JPG

glued here...
MiniArt3703311.JPG

Note the axle holes need enlarging to use with the Dragon kit axles.
MiniArt3703310.JPG

Regards,

Last edited:
Saul this work is incredible. Keep at it, don’t let a little thing like that kit intro throw you off!

Back