• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

This Clown's a Joker! Serb T-34B

Still looking good Saul, and inspirational to see how much research goes into this amazing detailing. Still watching with interest.
JAmes

It feels good to see some more progress on this Saul and it looks fantastic. I kinda have the opposite issue: tons of mojo, yet no time for the bench. Your work is always well worth the wait. Get to it when you can.

Well, I took a breather but actually made some time to work on the butt of the clown. Looking at photos, it was obvious some of the innards would be visible through the air exhaust grill & slats. At one time, Dragon offered the cardboard insert you see there which I think was based on a Steven Zaloga photo. Above it you see a photo from a Russian walk around which also shows that I have a bit more to add before gluing the hull halves together. I completed the mantlet after using the Magic Models' instructions but found that the rifling insert from On The Mark Models requests a 7/32 inch hole to be drilled but that is far too large.

SerbT34B_025.jpg

Wait, is that paint on the pipes?

More to follow...

Regards,

Well, I took a breather but actually made some time to work on the butt of the clown. Looking at photos, it was obvious some of the innards would be visible through the air exhaust grill & slats. At one time, Dragon offered the cardboard insert you see there which I think was based on a Steven Zaloga photo. Above it you see a photo from a Russian walk around which also shows that I have a bit more to add before gluing the hull halves together. I completed the mantlet after using the Magic Models' instructions but found that the rifling insert from On The Mark Models requests a 7/32 inch hole to be drilled but that is far too large.

SerbT34B_025.jpg

Wait, is that paint on the pipes?

More to follow...

Regards,

That is again fine work Sir!

Speaking of clowns....stay well away from THIS one...........

Shhhh🤫

SerbT34B_026.JPG

Italeri squirrel cage fan cut in half to use with air filters and transmission. Checking fit. Next, to paint and glue in place ensuring it is not askew (as in this photo). I may actually then glue the hull halves together!

Regards,

Last edited:
I don't think I ever noticed this build before Saul! Excellent work! Though all the different details for all the different makes and models could be confusing. But then I am just an onlooker and it looks great.

Good to see it coming back to the bench.

For over a year, I was wondering what looked off about the star wheels. The openings are correct in both size and shape, the hub is correctly shown with a large flange but it looked off.

1587236073370.png

There lies the problem. The axle area behind the hub is much too large on the Star wheels.
MiniArt37002T44WheelComparison.jpg

So, I have a placed an order for the following... now waiting:

1587236172243.png

While this is for my TMD STZ Factory T-34 from 1942.

1587236228021.png

Regards,

Last edited:
Back