• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

This Clown's a Joker! Serb T-34B

I've no photos yet as I have been working on the model (can't call it a kit as I have mixed four different kits for this).

Working from these photos, I decided to mix the wheels so I had to prepare the wheels from MiniArt's T-44 kit after making sure I had the CMD full finned wheels to replace them. Why use the plastic kit wheels instead of the resin ones? They fit perfectly once I rounded the tip of the axles on the Dragon kit.
h016b458_2017-02-20.jpg

h21b31b8_2017-02-20.jpg

Lower hull is ready to be primed now that I have added the last few bolts, two tiny bolts per road wheel arm bumper stop. and added the return pin knocker. The last item was corrected for the size used by Factory 112.

Upper hull had the grates tested but not glued in... all the interior work is not seen without using a pen light. Hull MG base reworked for Factory 112 and casting marks added. The towing hooks seem thin to me. :(

Fuel tanks are readied for priming.

Turret still needs the .50 Cal stowage gear added. Rifling is ready to be added to the gun barrel. hopefully, I will finish the build even if the painting isn't started, by the end of the month.

Photos are coming since I had it on 4 wheels to get an idea of what it would look like. Tracks are still in progress and slooooowwwwww.

Regards,

Looks odd like that. Like the turret is too big for the hull. :popcorn

I was thinking the same thing; like it was some kind of odd armored car. I even wondered if you'd put the turret on some other vehicle just for kicks, then I noticed what the body was. Nice progress Saul! I like it! Great to see some progress on this.

So many have said that the turret looks oddly large. Yet, it is built using actual measurements (and Dragon hull measurements are fine). It must be the slimming effect of the Dark Green coat the clown is wearing contrasting to the pasty light color of the turret. More to show later.

Regards,

When you add those big flouncy fenders, road wheels and some makeup, I mean, paint, she won't look like such a big headed girl. Carry on, Wayward Son. (y)

Still working on it. Didn't want to rush and screw it up. Besides, I excused myself from prizes so the end will be my prize! Photos coming as I had some concerns about the wheel hubs on the finned wheels. The MiniArt finned wheel hubs are different (smaller) than that on the star spoke one.

I got some time on the bench so went to work on the exhausts and the pipes. Internally, the pipes are seen from above through the grates. Externally, I plan to use the New TMD resin bits they kindly sent. One thing that may, or may not, matter to modelers is that the exhausts are too low on the model. They should be in line with the round access hatch. I moved them up after removing the locating pins then traced them with a pencil and drilled slanted holes for the internal pipes to terminate solidly. On the inside of the hull, I will have a way for the exhaust pipes to mount without building an engine.

SerbT34B_022.jpg

Above and below, you can see the pencil lines across the top where the exhausts armored covers should line up.
SerbT34B_023.jpg

Regards,

I received my replacement barrel from Magic Models. I bought it from Sabot Publications.
SabotPubMagicModels.jpg

Why buy these barrels when I already had some from CMD (resin), CMK (metal), and Dragon's one piece plastic and metal (from their Premium kit)? Simply because Andrei gladly posts the references he used so you know it is accurate!

h407a1df.jpg

h27680ee.jpg

hb450a92.jpg

h420bfd2.jpg

h8ae7f63.jpg

h4db176d.jpg

Regards,

Not much time and barely any mojo but I did add some exhaust pipework to be seen under the louvers:
SerbT34B_024.jpg

Also finished the mantlet but no photos of that yet.

Regards,

Back