• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Ferrari of the skies - Macchi Mc.202 in 1/72 - DONE!

Flyingbabydoc

Dear all,

Best possibly way to get back is to start in my favourite campaign, the MMM.

I will be building an Italeri 1/72 Macchi Mc.202 with lots of Eduard PE (cockpit, landing gear, Flaps) in the colours of the Regia Aeronautica during the Battle of Italy in 1943.

This aircraft was flown from the base at Cerveteri (now Furbara AB) NNE of Rome in the defense of the Italian capital during the days before the Armistice on Sept. 8th. It belonged to the 70° Squadriglia - 23° Gruppo (La Vespa Arrabbiata - the angry Wasp) of the 3° Stormo and has a peculiar camouflage-scheme adapted from the D1B scheme, in which the Verde Oliva Scuro (green) blotches were very close together.

This is an image of the aircraft, my first pictures will follow.

Cheers

Alex

Artwork-Macchi-C.202-Folgore-70SA-70-2-Cerveteri-Rome-Italy-1943-0A.thumb.jpg.692ff2fedca0e1e9b8bc77b197ee116b.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome back Alex! Was hoping you would be back soon, have missed seeing you around. The Italian aircraft have always intrigued me with their camo patterns.
Watching-with-Popcorn.jpg

Thanks guys

I love the Italian aircraft and camos. They are by far my favorite. And mind you, still everything paint-brushed.

I have finished another Mc 202, will post some pictures today.

Cheers

Alex

Hello to all,

I hope you had a nice weekend. I was able to get some work done on the Macchi and hopefully I will make it to the deadline.

So here is the cockpit after a lot of PE from Eduard. I am still trying to tone down on the weathering, which makes more sense for 1/72 (actually most would be not seen I guess). Also, paint brushing and weathering are not the best combination.

IMG_8007.jpg
IMG_8008.jpg
IMG_8009.jpg
IMG_8010.jpg
IMG_8011.jpg
IMG_8013.jpg
IMG_8014.jpg
IMG_8015.jpg
I hope you like it. Thanks for looking.

Cheers

Alex

Hi all,

So quite a bit of progress. Assembly is finished, as usual the flaps were a bit of a nightmare and the whole landing gear bay had so many intricate fitting parts that it took me days to get them "right" (a.k.a. as well as I could). There is still some filling and filing to do but I hope I can get the painting started on the weekend.

Cheers and thanks for looking

Alex

IMG_8027.jpgIMG_8028.jpgIMG_8031.jpgIMG_8035.jpgIMG_8036.jpgIMG_8038.jpgIMG_8039.jpgIMG_8040.jpgIMG_8041.jpgIMG_8042.jpgIMG_8043.jpgIMG_8044.jpg

Thanks a lot all of you. Yes, I am a very patient man. Been married to the same girl for almost 20 years now... We have met in High School 36 years ago this year... that is a lot of patience :yipee:

Gotta get moving if I am to finish by Friday as per the rules.

Time for painting. This is the pre-shading with some diluted Vallejo Black and then on to Nocciola Chiaro (FS 30219), also from Vallejo. Then I will begin the camouflage itself. At least so far its all smooth..

Cheers and thanks for looking.

Alex

IMG_8048.jpgIMG_8049.jpgIMG_8050.jpgIMG_8051.jpgIMG_8062.jpgIMG_8063.jpgIMG_8064.jpgIMG_8065.jpg
IMG_8062.jpg

Back