• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Macchi Mc.200 and Mc.202 dioramas in 1/72

Flyingbabydoc

Hello all,

Again I hope you are all well and healthy.

As I mentioned before little time on my hands but I was able to finish some small dioramas.

The first one is a desert scene of a Macchi Mc. 200 from the 3° Gruppo in North-Africa. Kit AML with PE and Resin, Vallejo Acrylics.

The second one is a scene from the Eastern front with a Macchi Mc. 202 from the 21° from the Italian Expeditionary Force in Russia in 1942. Italeri 1/72 with Eduard PE and Vallejo acrylics, all paint-brushed.

Your comments are as always much appreciated.

Cheers

Alex
IMG_5164.jpg
IMG_5165.jpg
IMG_5166.jpg
IMG_5167.jpg
IMG_5168.jpg
IMG_5170.jpg
IMG_5171.jpg
IMG_5172.jpg
IMG_5173.jpg
IMG_5174.jpg
IMG_5175.jpg
IMG_5176.jpg
IMG_5177.jpg
IMG_5178.jpg

Very nice but you didn't mention the Sahariana in the first dio nor the animals in the second (both of which I am interested in knowing the brand as they look good).

Regards,

Very nice but you didn't mention the Sahariana in the first dio nor the animals in the second (both of which I am interested in knowing the brand as they look good).

Regards,
Thanks Saul. These were part of another diorama a long time ago so that is why I did not mention. This is an ABM-42, an Italeri Kit from the 90's in 1/72.

Figures are either CMK from the CZ Republic (www.cmkkits.com) or XO figures from the German train modelling company Märklin (www.maerklin.de).

Cheers

Alex

that's neat stuff - my compliments Sir!

That first plane has a hump-backed appearance, whereas the second is very sleek. neat work on both!

that's neat stuff - my compliments Sir!

That first plane has a hump-backed appearance, whereas the second is very sleek. neat work on both!
Thanks a lot. Indeed it looked hump-backed but astoundingly the Saetta (Mc.200) had an amazing aerodynamic performance. Mario Castoldi (the Ingenieur) was a genius in that sense, the only problem was the shitty engine with only 850 Hp. He basically kept the same plane (200) and changed the engine into the German DB601, thus streamlining the lines and creating the best Italian WWII fighter (and my favorite aircraft), the Folgore (Mc.202).

Beautifully done Alex! I also feel the Folgore is the most beautiful Italian plane from WWII. You did as magnificent job on those planes!

You are certainly very kind. I also agree, the Folgore is by far the most beautiful Italian WWII plane and I dare to say together with the Spitfire the most beautiful WWII plane. It is my favorite, I have built 22 of them - most are garbage, but the new ones are getting better. Thanks again!

Back