• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The " Fantastic Voyage TV Ship " Update Jan 6 "

Swordsman

My entry to the CTA 3 Build is this one ...

h1e0946b_2016-11-15-3.JPG

ha522e3d_2016-11-15.JPG

h7e0c9d2.JPG

Here's start-up photos ... this is also the kit I'm giving as a prize In-opened of course ...

h163b9b5_2016-11-15.JPG

Raquel (" Erica Lane " ) is in the kit ... :woohoo:

The "Voyager" Fantastic Voyage Ship

Nice. :popcorn

That's not the way she looked when I was a teenager.

After the Flash is cleared away and paint applied ... she'll look better ....

Nice. I like seeing some off the beaten path stuff. :coolio

Looking good so far. I'll be watching this one. Thanks for joining in!

Thanks fellars ... for the warm welcome ... great to be back at the Bench ... I've not had much time lately

Since this is a build for Cancer support I thought that this subject would go with it very well ... I'm waiting for Probeus next ...

h971b3eb.JPG

Wings off Sprue ... cleaned ready for Assy ...

hc3bae35.JPG

h7f4a10c.JPG

h6cebbe8.JPG

Looking good not too bad a fit maybe some putty because I can ... and This may go to a model show :woohoo:

h971d065.JPG

Both wings are glued up ... I would add the Mobius photo here but with the current Copy right stuff better not. Anyway the interior is to be light Blue with dark blue seats ... but the photo shows opposite ... dilemma's starting already ... Guess a You tube Video must be watched ... Cheerio '

Looking good so far. I'm sure that a couple good viewings of this in the show will clear things up.

thanks fellars ... I've been looking online lots of stuff with the Probeus but this was from a cartoon on Saturday morning ... But still was a miniaturized Ship ... on a cellular level ... just not a lot of info on it ...

Alright then ... I painted the interior Pearl Blue

h3bff944_2016-11-16.JPG

hb730f51.JPG

I think it will pop with the dark blue seats

hef3008f.JPG

This engine insert was was painted wrong ...

hd56bd5d.JPG

So I painted it Flat black ...

h6a1881c.JPG

Cemented the vertical stabilizer's back panel ... just waiting for the paint to dry ... :woohoo:

Nice!, this is coming along like gangbusters. Just think, not a Photon torpedo in sight.
Cheers :drinks

Thanks Steve ... Quite simple ... Until AMS rears it's ugly head ... I saw where a guy lit one up with less ... And used magnets to conceal battery box ... :geek :hmmm :yipee

I found some Led's ... Lets see some Blue, red & Green ...

h170552c.JPG

I'll get on this tomorrow ... after work ... (y)

Sweet.

I have to start buying the SMD LEDs prewired like that. I'm the idiot who insists on soldering them. Out of a typical 4, 1 gets soldered, 1 burns up, 1 gets tweezerpulted and the other inhaled. :D

Sweet.

I have to start buying the SMD LEDs prewired like that. I'm the idiot who insists on soldering them. Out of a typical 4, 1 gets soldered, 1 burns up, 1 gets tweezerpulted and the other inhaled. :D

I know ... I've found one place that has great ones those little ones with the big shiny wires break very easy ... the red and black wired ones are very good ... I use a 3 cell battery pack out of a $1 dollar tree flashlight for a tester keeps you honest when wiring them ... if you get the red & black leads SMD's the red is always the anode ... if I wire a LED I always get it wrong really can't make a mistake this way ... (y)

The "Voyager" Fantastic Voyage Ship " Update "

Ok I think I have the L.E.D's sorted out installing engine lighting today ...

hd8b66c4.JPG

When you buy these little SMD's don't get these blue ones .... Leads soldered on very poorly ... :angry:

h1efb014.JPG

Another case of paint won't stick to plastic ... this is acrylic black primmer

h11473e4.JPG

Ok I drilled the holes and I'm trying to get the Lights to stick ...

h61df435.JPG

Bright little suckers .... :woohoo: :hmmm :salute ... That's all for now propane man is Here ... :yipee

Back