• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The British American - 1/48 Mustang Mk.1A

Mustang took a bit of a setback today. A fan fell out of a window and smashed it to pieces. I've found most of them and reassembling...but a couple other pieces are going to have to be scratched in addition to having to rework all the seams.

Definitely a setback...don't think it'll be getting paint this weekend now. :hummm:

Oh MY Chris! Sorry to hear that.

I always try to keep my workspace part and build friendly. There have been times in the past where I narrowly averted a total disaster on dumb luck. Thus solvent (glue) and accelerant bottle holder, and I try to keep my work area somewhat tidy (easier said than done) I do have an advantage where if I leave something out partly done, I never have to worry about someone coming in and messing with anything. Right now though everything in my place is still in turmoil from the flood and now need a new AC/heater as well. Only place I have is the master bedroom and it is a bit more cramped than normal.

I'm just glad the OV-1 wasn't in the paint area when it happened. This one will be salvageable, if this had happened to the OV-1 it would have been a much bigger deal. I didn't have the MLG installed on the Mustang yet, so I didn't have to worry about any damage to those parts. But I will need to scratch up a new dorsal antennae, tail gear door, and prop shaft...as those have all busted off and disappeared.

Being slow has its benefits as there are less mistakes made and usually you don't have to go back and do something twice due to missing little details along the way because of speedy building. Looking good so far Chris!!

Mostly back together now. I still need to scratch a new dorsal antennae and clean up some of the seams again. Just a spot or 2 of some thinned out filler and I'll think I'll be ok. Fortunately it appears the cockpit avoided any significant damage, though I won't know about the canopy pieces until the masking comes off. So fingers crossed there.

I was hoping to get some paint on it this weekend, but I somehow managed to damage the needle tip of the Badger. I've got a replacement (along with a spare) on the way, so hopefully more progress next week.

This one isn't forgotten...

Paint arrived a week ago or so...just need to free time to start laying down some paint (work is going to be hell for the next few weeks). Had a pretty good storm roll through this weekend as well w/ a lot of wind (that my exhaust fan was losing too) along w/ lots of power flickering...so spraying paint really wasn't an option.

Back