• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 warthog. FINISHED

Man, this is really something. Mine won't compete for a sure. John, do you know what color primer goes under the paint IRL? I am going to do a commo paint job on mine with some chipping here and there. What color should I reveal beneath the chips?

Actually Greg, there shouldn't be hardly any chipping at all. Unlike WWII subjects that were rode hard and never put up, modern aircraft are quite highly maintained. There can be paint stains and such, but any chips are usually touched up as they go. There can be some paint fade and staining say from fuel and such. There can also be dust and dirt, but for the A10, especially the early green cammo paint they were usually kept in really good shape.

Here it is then , Mixed feelings about this one, The kit is great, the aftermarket parts pretty much pointless except for the PE.
My problem is probably fliting from bikes to cars to tanks to aircraft and i could probably do better if i concentrated on one genre :) My future probably lies in larger scales as while i can work through a magnifying lamp its not my favorite method.
Sorry about some of the pictures here. This digital camera has seen better days and the screen is damaged, My good camera is set up on another project.

View attachment 154745

View attachment 154746

View attachment 154747

View attachment 154749

View attachment 154750

View attachment 154751View attachment 154753

View attachment 154755View attachment 154756View attachment 154748
Well worn and well armed. :vgood:

Back