• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

TF-104G * * F I N I S H E D * *

TF-104G - Decals started.

Whoosh!!! man that is fast building!

going great Ian!

Someone here (I think) said something about sometimes building an aircraft as if it had just come-out of the paintshop

was prob me!!!
which would make an interesting GB - Fresh - From The Factory.

You aren't wrong, Phil, but - and I promise this is true - it's still cheaper to get stuff from Hannants in the UK flown over here than to get BNA stuff flown over from Oz !!
\

:rotf good 'ol Aussie post charges!!

You aren't wrong, Phil, but - and I promise this is true - it's still cheaper to get stuff from Hannants in the UK flown over here than to get BNA stuff flown over from Oz !!
\

:rotf good 'ol Aussie post charges!!

Get this... Jus' got the ModelAir newsletter this a'noon. The Airfix 1:48 Javelin can be mine for a measly $134.00 NZD not including postage, I can buy that at Hannants for $100.00 NZD with twenty bucks postage and it would be here by Tuesday !!

Thanks for the kind words on the Starfighter.... if F-104's are your thing (and let's be honest who doesn't like a really noisy & smokey old jet-fighter), then check this out !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSkp7BtGSAM

If you have a home cinema/surround-sound system play this at 'eleven' and enjoy !!

Ian

....and we're back.

Some shots of the decal work so-far...

Each one of these tiny stencils needs to be individually cut from the one piece carrier film. Man, this is painstaking work. So far all of the upper surfaces, both tanks and the starboard side are finished. Yesterday I started on the port side. I stopped after an hour with about a third of them done. :java

Couple of 'general shots to finish this update:

Stay tuned.

Ian

TF-104G - ...and we're back !

> Thanks for the kind words on the Starfighter.... if F-104's are your thing (and let's be honest who doesn't like a really noisy & smokey old jet-fighter), then check this out !!

Fantastic video! Roar and flames, lllove it! :woohoo:

TF-104G - ...and we're back ! (again)

... :woohoo: Oooohh look, I found something to replace the Seahawk.

hd4bb4cb.JPG

h727c058.JPG

So after the disaster with the Seahawk, I reached for my Starfighter (which had been hanging-around the workbench since April hoping to be remembered !!. Anyhoos, I began to apply the oil wash and finished around 0100 this morning. Next I'll add a few streaks and leaks on the undersides aft of the gear bay. More soon.

Ian

Yep, moved-on with this over the last couple of evenings. Cannot post pics just now as it's Sunday afternoon here and I'm 'on-watch' down at the wee Coastguard lookout. Will get some pics up this evening...

...be patient with me :coolio

Ian

...and here they are:

h5ac86f6.jpg

h1a2c4a6.jpg

Again just my usual oil dot and dry-brush thing.... seems to work.

:facepalm Unfortunately when I took the masking off the canopy this morning, I found that the front IP had disappeared inside the fuselage without any hope of re-surfacing so immediately ordered another (single seater) set from Hannants back in the 'old country' (along with some Catalina bits and a very cheap Hobbyboss Mirage IIICJ). I went for self-adhesive this time as it will be easier to attach under the forward shroud.

Good job I have three weeks before the show... No sweat :frantic :frantic :frantic

Ian

Wow, how you going to get it inside when you get it back?

Shouldn't be too difficult, Bob. A cocktail stick with a small blob of Blu-Tack, pick-up the IP and manoeuver it into position, hold it in position with a second stick in my left hand... not unlike 'Operation'... maybe... :gogo

Ian

And that's about the time you realize you got a scratch..:rotf

Good luck with that Ian. :zen

Great looking Starfighter! :coolio Three weeks, I thinks its :good:

All the best!
Dusan.

Back