• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Texas Midland Gas/Electric Motor Car-LaBelle 1/87

I see you are making progress Gerry & yer train of thot seems to be on the right track with where yer going... Let's not have any derailments, lest ye git sidetracked :tomato (y)

Thanks Old Dog .... I've had My Rounds with My Rivet counting friends here at the store .... So it's nice to be on here where other modelers don't try to discourage you .....

I found some plastic wood cleaning up My Bunker today so ..... that's what I'm going to use for my problem areas ..... I'll try to get back on it soon ..... My Commission Builds are killing My Personnel time at the bench ..... I have a Medium Steam Tsunami to install in a IHC pacific .... That isn't DCC Ready .... So It'll be a complete dis-assembly ..... But I'll get Her Done .... :eek:ldguy

Thanks Old Dog .... I've had My Rounds with My Rivet counting friends here at the store .... So it's nice to be on here where other modelers don't try to discourage you .....

I found some plastic wood cleaning up My Bunker today so ..... that's what I'm going to use for my problem areas ..... I'll try to get back on it soon ..... My Commission Builds are killing My Personnel time at the bench ..... I have a Medium Steam Tsunami to install in a IHC pacific .... That isn't DCC Ready .... So It'll be a complete dis-assembly ..... But I'll get Her Done .... :eek:ldguy

SO, ya done got side-tracked by a Tsunami ay Gerry? :huh: :blink :idonno

I worked some on the Motor Car .... My plastic Wood was almost Dried up ..... But thanks to Tamiya's yellow cap thinner I got it reactivated ..... So I filled some bad cracks ...... :eek:ldguy .... To keep the Rivet counters happy ..... Sanding in he Am ...... :eek:ldguy

I worked some on the Motor Car .... My plastic Wood was almost Dried up ..... But thanks to Tamiya's yellow cap thinner I got it reactivated ..... So I filled some bad cracks ...... :eek:ldguy .... To keep the Rivet counters happy ..... Sanding in he Am ...... :eek:ldguy

Hmmm, interesting... :v

he4678bb_2015-03-12.JPG

Before this little crevasse couldn't be seen at 65 MPH .... but a Friend caught it in a still digital picture ...... :eek:ldguy

h9d11cba.JPG

So I slapped the wood filler to it ...... sanding soon ..... the Bunker is still in blackout ..... :eek:ldguy

hc335ab7.JPG

h9a2da2b.JPG

h90d0beb.JPG

Some other places I dabbed wood filler on ..... This is just to keep Ed Happy ..... :eek:ldguy

Well Ed .... I Have seen yours ...... I was nice to you so whether I choose to use a whole tube of putty on my models or not shouldn't be any concern to you ..... that Mig-Killer died with the Air Masters crap .... So why don't you just drop it also ....... :evil: :evil: :evil: :bat :bat :bat

Well Ed .... I Have seen yours ...... I was nice to you so whether I choose to use a whole tube of putty on my models or not shouldn't be any concern to you ..... that Mig-Killer died with the Air Masters crap .... So why don't you just drop it also ....... :evil: :evil: :evil: :bat :bat :bat
:tomato :tomato Simmer down Gerry. I wuz jus' referrin' to the gap that thing had... I know how much mine took up :drunk

:tomato :tomato Simmer down Gerry. I wuz jus' referrin' to the gap that thing had... I know how much mine took up :drunk

I just don't understand this stuff anymore the mk was my first resin pit .... so I didn't cut the pit right I had asked for help and all I got was a cat shooting a machine gun...... I have been through a lot on life and have tried to improve my modeling ..... my skills are improving .... I've gotten better in the 5 years that have passed since then ...... that was a model that had to be re-scribed plus a ledgends pit ....... I just wasn't :notworthy ...... so maybe I failed but eenthough she may reside on the shelf of shame ....... I still have hopes of being able to finish it one day .... I can fix it ..... one day I will

Thanks Luiz & Paul .... this is as they say not a rattle box kit ..... & maybe my third labelle model .... trouble is I think it is looking very well ..... but I should be using my opti-visors instead of the lighted magnifying desk lamp I've been using it distorts my vision & tends to fish-eye what I'm attaching .... I did find that a X-acto knife is better for picking up tiny wood pieces ..... :eek:ldguy

Back