• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Texas Midland Gas/Electric Motor Car-LaBelle 1/87

You may be right .....

http://www.bing.com/search?q=You%20mat%20be%20right&qs=n&form=QBRE&pq=you%20mat%20be%20right&sc=1-16&sp=-1&sk=&ghc=1&cvid=c9f859655bfa4630a6c6e26a5620b4be

I may be crazy ..... but I'm enjoying this also ..... :geek

Very nice work, I'm really liking this.

Thanks Adam ..... Me to ... I bought this kit about a year ago ..... I think time passes so quickly when your having fun ..... I hope to find some kind of sanding sealer today and finish the baggage doors .... Stay tuned .... :eek:ldguy

Ok I've done some more to this one ..... She's starting to get done .....

hf0f3f43.JPG

hc016143.JPG

I nearly screwed the pooch ..... on the back door but I'll fix it ..... with filler ....

hdbfbbe4.JPG

Cut one siding piece for baggage door still overlap ......

hc475d7c.JPG

I installed bottom door sill ........

hd9b4a23.JPG

I had to glue a piece of filler on the back ..........

h3674dba.JPG

Finished with the quarter round on the edges .......

h565acd5.JPG

Now Let's put the roof on ......... I had to install these strechers ......... on each end of the roof

h232196d.JPG

Then I had to get out my Micro Yankee-Drill ........ :eek:ldguy

hf88c38b.JPG

I drilled holes for ........ :eek:ldguy

h716e0f4.JPG

For these screws to hold the roof on that way I will be able to finish the outside & order some interior benches for the passengers & install the electronics (interior lighting kit & let's install a Tsunami ...... :eek:ldguy

hbd51264.JPG

Now that the roof is on I can start shaping the leading & trailing edges of the roof .....

hfc2bc8f.JPG

Like so using the above Templates ....... So lots of sanding coming up ...... I cheated by removing some of the edge with My saw ........ :eek:ldguy

Damn she is starting to look like a train :coolio

Thanks Dave ...... I'm glad You Like it ..... I'll be on the rails soon ... :eek:ldguy .. I wish I had the money to order the sound Chip for it ....... Who knows It might show up this week ..... :eek:ldguy

Wood'n it be nice ...... If I had all day to work on this Baby ...... :eek:ldguy

hb73daf2.JPG

Moving to the bottom of the car ...... I have tomaket wo traction Motors out of these parts ..... :eek:ldguy

h6c3c88a.JPG

So here goes ...... I have to cut the wood blocks off at the lines .............. :eek:ldguy

he19f310.JPG

I don't know if I lost a piece of wood block or what but'm having to cut these to size ..... the indention on the top (of Photo) is for the bottom of the motor ...... :eek:ldguy

h13d4339.JPG

Extra weight couldn't hurt ..... it will keep it from derailing ........ :eek:ldguy

hf0585c9.JPG

I filled this cavity with White glue ..... to keep these lead shot from rattling or shifting place ..... :eek:ldguy

he25d975.JPG

Here they are glued on bottom of the Car floor ........ :eek:ldguy

he2a51a0.JPG

They will be kinda like this .... when finished ....... :eek:ldguy

h8bc3ee7.JPG

h140076f.JPG

h0217919.JPG

I didn't like the way this front end looked so I hand ripped some pieces of scrap ..... and put them on the front ...... also as you may have noticed ...... I've started priming the car ...... :eek:ldguy

hfb7274b.JPG

Door open .......... :soldier

hbf4bbda.JPG

Door closed ..... I'm very happy with How this looks ..... So I'll start on my Ork viper tonight ...... Comments & criticisms Welcome ........ I think ........ :eek:ldguy

Damn she is starting to look like a train :coolio

Thanks Dave ...... I'm glad You Like it ..... I'll be on the rails soon ... :eek:ldguy .. I wish I had the money to order the sound Chip for it ....... Who knows It might show up this week ..... :eek:ldguy
Hahahaha who youre kidding youre going to get it anyway......Just make sure you make a video for us to see and hear your creation

I've already thought about the video ...... Ya'll wouldn't believe Me other wise ....... :eek:ldguy

Thanks Ed glad to see you like this ..... I think :eek:ldguy

Back