• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Texas Midland Gas/Electric Motor Car-LaBelle 1/87

Thanks Dave .... I'm not used to working on wood this small I have made mistakes .... that I'll try to hide or Fix ...... You have to look in the box and decide which little piece of wood the guy is talking about ..... this isn't a rattle-box kit ..... :soldier :train :soldier

Thanks ..... Fellers .. (y) ... I've only done one side and ... I will have to do the other side next after NASCAR ..... & Nap ..... I Hate DLST ..... :woohoo:

Ok where was we ??? ..... Nearly 7:00 PM and still daylight Here in Texas Strange very strange ..... Well I'm up and at em won't be long now .... Running to the Bunker I think I heard some incoming .... :soldier :soldier :soldier

Thanks Ed & Sherman ..... I spent some time looking this over last night ..... the written instructions are hard to comprehend ..... So I was organizing parts last night to see where what goes ..... :hmmm

Thanks Ed & Sherman ..... I spent some time looking this over last night ..... the written instructions are hardtop comprehend ..... So I was organizing parts last night to see where what goes ..... :hmmm

CORNfusing aint it GERRY... :S :unsure: :gogo :drunk

So while I'm trying to figure out the doors on this one ...... I decided to work on things I could figure out .... :eek:ldguy

h6ca5c05.JPG

h8a1fc5d.JPG

hb8f9697.JPG

Like the front Drivers cab ...... I made a mistake and put the clamps on the bedrail .... which left an Mark so to speak ..... But I used an old carpenter trick and put a drop of water on the marks ...... :captain

hac87eca.JPG

They went away .......

h5069a8f.JPG

Finished front of train ...... I'll be painting before I install window glazing ..... :eek:ldguy

h967bb0f.JPG

I started on window stiles on the other side ..... and cleaning up my mistakes ..... :eek:ldguy

h9da2eae.JPG

Baggage door is framed in working on being able to open & close this one ..... :eek:ldguy

h6d2a6fb.JPG

And I think this is how the back door goes ..... after glue dries I will sand the contours so they look better ...... That is all ..... I'm working on the back porch now ..... :eek:ldguy

I might be jumping the gun here but what primer do you use when you get to painting part?

That's a good question MP ..... It is wood so some Kiltz .... which is a primer and a sealer .... I'll ask Rick the manufacture of this kit when I get to work .... The paint I have decided on will be a emerald green with yellow & red trim ..... as the owner of the Texas Midland was a Jewel collector & His name was Green ..... See where I'm going with this ..... :eek:ldguy

hd74fb20.jpg

Thanks Luiz, Ed, MP & James I worked some more on this last night since the walls were mostly finished ..... I decided to join the corners .....

h75effc3.jpg

Here's a photo of one of these Doodlebugs ...... Like this model ..... I'm making ....

ha3a0d42.jpg

This one is very close to the 1912 version ..... Which I talked to Rick Steel yesterday about producing this one in a kit .....

h292233d.JPG

Rear porch ..... It was supposed to have closed panels .... No windows but the hole were there so My chance at creating my own model ..... :eek:ldguy

ha152d3c.JPG

Attaching front .... there will be trim to be added to the Joints ......

h4866f3e.JPG

I worked on the rear egress area ....... :eek:ldguy

h893d388.JPG

Back porch being attached ............

h6f4d63a.JPG

Well she turned out fairly square ............ :eek:ldguy

h1520712.JPG

hd004643.JPG

h4801286.JPG

hc947dd0.JPG

he4678bb.JPG

Parting shots with roof on .... (will be removable) ..... Interior will be the next step after I complete this one ........ Comments & criticisms' ..... Welcomed (Careful Ed & Dave ) .... :eek:ldguy :laugh: :hmmm

Good Morning Dave ..... I was wondering when you'd roll out of the sack ...... Excellently great feedback Dave ..... Not sure How to take a + comment like that ....

@ MP Thanks ...... :eek:ldguy

Back