• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Texas Midland Gas/Electric Motor Car-LaBelle 1/87

Swordsman

Ok I've been racking my Brain on this one so this is what I decided on ..........

h90c2c4a.JPG

This is a virgin LaBelle Woodworking Kit of a Denver & Rio Grande Western Gas/Electric Motor Car ....

h1fc5fa2.JPG

I will be building it as a Texas Midland Motor Car using the decals pictured Here ....

hcb5a814.JPG

Official Campaign Time ...... Get - R - Done !!!

he4fe730.JPG

My decal sheet ....... I ordered with the kit from LaBelle ......

hdaf8845.JPG

The PE .... :rotf ..... Actually Cast Parts ......

h6d9caed.JPG

And all the wood Bits ..... Lots of them no sprue but I'll lay them out in the next shots

h0751a54.jpg

These were a self propelled passenger car for smaller roads with fewer passengers or special operations ....

h88b5aa1.jpg

This is a Photo of the real Texas Midland Car at the Factory .... I'm working with Rick @ Labelle to make this Model .....

h349d072.JPG

hc0c0c4e.JPG

This is a all metal kit I may throw in as a Bonus .... MP this would be soldered ...

Wow, that has to be an old kit, I've been in and out of model railroading since around 1960 and I think that kit predates that. Looking forward to what you do with it.

Thanks Guys for the well wishes I bought the Gas/Electric about a year ago ..... they were called Gas/electrics because they had a 550 HP motor hooked to a Generator ..... which ran Traction motors on the trucks. The Texas Midland car was a 70ft. all steel made in 1912 capable of 65 MPH on a level transit. Mr. E.H.R. Green was the President of the Road, and His Mother was know as Hetty Green "The Witch of Wall Street", and Her Railroad ran by my Farm/Ranch.

Gary, I'm Purdy sure your talking about the Mantua Coach kit ..... The 1st one the LaBelle Kit is a new Kit .... I'm a LaBelle Woodworking Distributor ..... The Mantua kit is something I traded for it is old along with it I also got a FT A & B unit (Brass) and A Ten-wheeler (Brass) that has the motor in the Tender ..... Kewl old stuff .... when I get this stuff in collection ...... It tends to stick to my collection for Later builds ....

ha7f4f66.JPG

Ok continuing on here's the overview of the project.....

ha873789.JPG

The instructions are very clear .... Not a rattle box kit ..... This is what most modelers call a craftsman kit ..... :good:

hcf9859a.JPG

So the 1st step as I read all destructions .... about as clear as mud .... still better than some of the circle & arrow instructions from across the pond .... :pinch:

h19d75c2.JPG

h92e1ccf.JPG

I'm just going to make sure this is right before I proceed .... :soldier Where's my Rail Roading emote .... ???

It may have just been the name, Labelle has been making kits forever. I'm quite familiar with the gas electric rail cars, I have ridden the one at the East Broad Top Railroad a couple of times. And I built one for my own railroad based on this very car my railcar

Yep Rick Steele I think is His name .... Now the Texas Midland car I would love to build as it is a wind splitter ..I have the floor plan ... of sorts but not as much as a Mckleen car .... I See you like the outdoor railroading ..... My favorite scale .... Nice doodlebug ... (y) :ro: :dude :eek:hyeah

This is gonna be fun to watch! So different then what we usually see! And moon - love the train emoticon!

:popcorn

Mike

Thanks Ed - Mike _ & Dave ..... I've been working on the railroad ..... well The Bunker/depot actually .... Still clearing the benches for the passengers & model kits, I just woke up one day and decided to build a railroad in my Man Cave & it's been quite a project ..... making space for it ..... :train

Thanks Ed - Mike _ & Dave ..... I've been working on the railroad ..... well The Bunker/depot actually .... Still clearing the benches for the passengers & model kits, I just woke up one day and decided to build a railroad in my Man Cave & it's been quite a project ..... making space for it ..... :train

Ahh so, in actuality ya got railroaded. Dat 'splains ever'thing... :drinks

Yep Ed I've been working on this for a while now I started when She said I could move the computer into the bedroom ..... so that opened up space for my 8' Desk/Hotel TV stand ..... the price was right at $10 .... just haul it Home ..... one of the last things the 77 dodge van did .....

h9667036.JPG

RR top right ... it needs to be continued across my desk ($10 one) below ..... Dang Orks have taken over my bench work ..... :rotf

Back