• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya's little RC166 GP motorcycle.

Really swell, Paddy! I like the details you added and the paint is slick! (y) :drinks

Hello Paddy,

Really enjoyed following your build. I think the results are just Fantastic :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

The wheels and chain add so much as I look closely at the photos!!!!! Have seen alot of modern bike builds that feature bright graphics and lots of carbon fiber decals that I'am not too impressed with, your build is a refreshing change :) :) :)

Randy

The camera only shows the errors to you Paddy, what i see is a really kicking ass kit! :ro: great work man, thank you for sharing this incredibly expensive -haha- little build. MMMMmmmMMM....

Beautiful model Paddy, I especially like the rear shots that show off the chain, the spokes, the shocks, a peek into the
engine...just awesome!

Tom

Finished this last night, took an age for the paint to dry !
Overall impressions ? well its a great fun build :) One of those builds where you just know if you did it again you could do better but that comes from trying to many new ideas on one model. Were the extra bits worth it ? In my opinion they were worth it as they are fun to put together and for me a new experience but whether they really add much to the finished kit will be in the eyes of the individual. i had all sorts of problems getting the clear coat on as it lifted the first decals i used then refused to settle on the next. Probably a reaction the the huge amount of Micro sol you need to get them to conform to the various shapes.
As usual the photo's show up the errors here and there that you would never notice with the eye particularly as the whole thing is only 3.5" tall ;)
For those that are wondering, Yes the rear wheel turns and the chain does work however i would be satisfied with knowing it works and would rather not demonstrate it :laugh: I'm not in a rush to build any more wheels or chains in this scale !!AND it makes me realise how much i like building aircraft :)............pass me that WnW FE2b...
Thanks for the comments along the way (y)

RCfinished4.jpg

RCfinished3.jpg

RCfinished2.jpg

RCfinished6.jpg

RCfinished7.jpg

RCfinished1.jpg

RCfinished5.jpg

RCfinised12.jpg

:ro:

Finished!!!!

:zen :zen

Really nice little bike Paddy, thanks for sharing this. Really inspiring also.

Now that is just super cool!! For a minute I thought I was looking at the real bike. Excellent work!!

(y) :notworthy

One thing i forgot to mention here was the rivet detail set.
This comprises of about 50 small alloy rivets which are placed on the fairing to replace the plastic moulded items already in situ.

RCfinished6-1.jpg

You can see them (just) around the base of the screen on the fairing holding the screen on.Also 4 more holding the airscoop on the fairing.

Here is a picture of one on a A4 piece of paper.

_DSC4166.jpg

as you will notice they are nicely detailed ..........what do you mean you cant see it ? its bang in the middle of the paper !

OK i will blow it up 50x bigger !! put your glasses on !

_DSC4168.jpg

I can honestly say thet with my thick fingers its impossable to pick this up as i cant feel it between finger and thumb. Best i came up with was a wooden cocktail stick with a minute piece of BluTak on the end. This enables you to get hold of it. You then have to get a spot of Super glue on the end of it....and put it in the hole in the plastic..........Easy . :laugh:

_DSC4169.jpg

Now wait! Thats ^^^ just nuts- at least you didn't have to assemble the cable shielding from PE too--- wait for it, wait for it! ..... :S

Over a year later and I am still 'gob smacked' (I hope I used the term correctly as I am not British you know).

Regards,

Well done Saul. Gor blimey guvnor. weill make a cockney out of ya yet me old mucker :)

Back