• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Stug III Ausf B help while I'm at it ....

Deano13

I was just looking at Laura's naughty corner build on the MP corner build and I was wondering if any one else has had the same problem as I have and what their solution was. It all came unstuck in part 16 of the instuctions when it became time to attach the completed fighting compartment to the lower superstucture. I have a gap of about 2mm between the rear of the fighting compartment and the engine compartment. What I can't figure out is why there is a gap there. Part B1 ( Hull piece ) is moulded as one piece so it can't be that. Parts B8 ( Front armor ) C4 ( Superstructure ) and B10 ( rear of superstructure ) the fit is of the usual Tamiya quality and the parts can't fit any other way. If anyone has an opinion on why this as happened I would really like to hear it. Obviously I could be just a crap builder but I have never had this with a Tamiya kit. Look forward to your replies. Dean

the casemate doesn't sit properly! make sure that the horizontal "beam" on the front part of the casemate sits behind the splinter cover of the gun when you slip it over!

Thanks Laura, Yeah this ones a funny one, Everything lines up perfectly at the front, it just goes pear shaped at the rear. I'll just have to fill with plastic card and move on with it. Once again thanks for your input. I liked the work you have done on your corner. Dean

Thanks for the heads-up, Dean, and the tip, Laura (y) (y)

Deano: post some pics, mate! Looks like we're building more or less in parallel and I'd love to see your progress ;)

Rudi :woohoo:

Hey Rudi, Yes I hope you don't have the problem I had with otherwise a great kit. It is pretty much finished. All I have to do is add the fighting compartment and she is more or less done. I added Modelkasten tracks, My last set of Moskit Stug III exhausts (Pity they disappeared) and have the Lionroar screws to replace the Tamiya effort. Once I had the join issues I filed it in the to do pile and moved on. Seeing Laura's effort made me pull the kit out and have another look. Would love to show you some pictures but unfortunatly (I know :blush:) in this day and age I don't have a camera. (No, not even my mobile) My partners daughter does have one but it seems to be permanatly attached to her hand and I don't think she would let me anyway :unsure: So good luck with your kit and I'll watch closely. Dean

Back