• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya 1/48 scale Fw 190F-9

The 1/72 armor you did was already great I also would love to see what you do on a large scale armor. (y)

Dave,
If I were to build a 1/35 scale armor kit the guys that normally build armor models would laugh their asses off at my effort, I know so little about armor models I would actually have to follow the kit instructions for a change plus those awful ''rubbery'' tracks that most armor kits have in them really put me off. :laugh: But at some point I will build the Panther...I just have to be in the right frame of mind.

Matrixone

Thanks again James!

Ryan,
No, I have never entered any contests except for those on-line contests such as the M.O.M. over at Aeroscale.
There are no clubs or contests within reasonable driving distance of my home. AFAIK I am the only modeler in the county and building scale models can't compete with the main form of entertainment here which is meth and drinking...that is a very good reason why I want to move away from here. :facepalm

Matrixone

Somehow I think its to all of us that view your builds luck that youre not into the areas hobbies of drinking and Meth (y)

Dave, an idea for a new reality show starring me....''Breaking Bad Models'' where too many old ill fitting models and reading posts from Gaston about how awful he thinks the new Eduard Bf 109G-6 is finally push a non-druggie over the edge into the world of meth and drink. ;)

Anyway...
The bomb trolley and ground crew minus the aircraft.

h8a3b513.JPG

hfd3d1db.JPG

hc21c5c4.JPG

ha727cae.JPG

Matrixone

Thanks again James!

Ryan,
No, I have never entered any contests except for those on-line contests such as the M.O.M. over at Aeroscale.
There are no clubs or contests within reasonable driving distance of my home. AFAIK I am the only modeler in the county and building scale models can't compete with the main form of entertainment here which is meth and drinking...that is a very good reason why I want to move away from here. :facepalm

Matrixone

Time to move to central Oregon. We have lots of sun here. Also a nice locol hobby shop as well as a local club. Oh and soon to have the Tillamook Air Museum moving to Madras. :geek

Ryan,
Central Oregon has been my choice to move to far quite a while now, I have been reading up on the job situation in C.O. and time and time again people are being warned NOT to move there unless you already have a job and housing lined up. :(
I have read about the Tillimook Museum moving their aircraft to Madras, this is a great idea since the blimp hangar where they are at now is so old and moldy another major storm could cause it to come down and crush the priceless aircraft inside. The last time I was there was about ten years ago and it was bad then, can't imagine how crappy it must look like right now. :blink

Matrixone

Stunning finish as ever, Les- cheers! That bomb trolley is the mutt's nuts. Is that a cluster bomb?

Thanks Chuck!
Yes that's a cluster bomb, I was looking at photograph's of Fw 190F's and noticed that cluster bombs were being used on the eastern front in the last weeks of the war and chose this weapon for use with my Fw 190F-9 mini-diorama.

Matrixone

Thank you Dave, this was one of the better kits I have ever worked with...even the kits decals were good.

More snaps...

h4890793.JPG

hf44a37d.JPG

he6f2e78.JPG

h4a6441b.JPG

Matrixone

Great job Les, post up a picture on the Completed Build thread and we'll get you your Campaign ribbon rigged up. (y)

Thanks Luiz and Bob!

Bob,
I will post some pics in the completion thread soon.

Here are a couple more snaps...

h5796525.JPG

h8136648.JPG

h848ec43.JPG

Matrixone

Back