• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya 1/48 scale Fw 190F-9

Thank you Dave!
The bomb trolley is a nice touch by Tamiya and makes this boxing of their now old Fw 190F kit very attractive to purchase. Some may bash the Tamiya Fw 190F as being too inaccurate but if you overlook the too short main gear legs its not that bad.

Matrixone

Here are the results of the work done with the oil paints, most of the time was spent on the undersurfaces.

h4940283.JPG

hb9c9f01.JPG

Matrixone

Thanks for looking Luiz!

Here are a couple pictures of the upper surfaces, I tried to post them earlier but kept getting the ''page cannot be displayed'' treatment.

h99404a2.JPG

h7504eae.JPG

Matrixone

Thanks once again Ian!

Before I add the flat clear coat I need to spray some thinned RLM 76 on the left rear fuselage, for some reason this aircraft had a very pale looking swastika, not sure if this was the result of some fading or was sprayed that way on purpose. :idonno

h19bae98_2014-05-13.jpg

Matrixone

Thanks for looking Luiz!

Here are a couple pictures of the upper surfaces, I tried to post them earlier but kept getting the ''page cannot be displayed'' treatment.

Matrixone

Not sure why that is happening Les, I haven't gotten any other complaints, unless y'all just ain't tellin your IT guy. (been known to happen at work! :smack )

Shoot me a PM and let me know what browser you're using.

Bob,
I don't know why this is happening, sometimes it works perfectly and other times it won't. :idonno

More in-progress pictures. The small bits have been added and painted and after the paint is fully dry I will be spraying on the flat clear coat.

hb57e3ef.JPG

hdd6730c.JPG

h8799f6b.JPG

h482c9ca.JPG

Matrixone

Thanks guys!

Mike,
I use Model Master enamels, for the 74/75/76 shades I always lighten the RLM 76 with white as it looks too dark out of the bottle to be a close enough match for the late war version of that color. For the RLM 75 I also lighten a it little bit but not as much as I do with the 76. Model Master RLM 74 looks good enough to my eye right out of the bottle so I usually won't lighten it at all unless I am attempting to show a very weathered finish.
On a 1/32 scale Bf 109 or Fw 190 I still lighten the 76 and 75 but will actually add a tiny bit of black to the 74 to darken it slightly...I am not trying to change the colors at all but am trying to add a little more contrast between the colors to better match what I have seen in color photographs from that era.

Matrixone

Another great looking bird Les (y) Looking at all your Luftwaffe builds makes me want to tackle some of the kits in my stash.

Thanks for looking in Ryan, I hope you build a few Luftwaffe birds soon.

The end is in sight for this O.O.B. build, not too much left to do on it now and I might have it finished this Friday.

The flat clear coat was sprayed on and some delicate work was done with the airbrush painting on the exhaust stains but it went very well. Some cordite stains were also added to the cowl mounted guns.

h4899759.JPG

...and here is the bomb trolly after its flat clear coat, it looks better now. I HATE gloss coats on models.

h8c8a7f3.JPG

ha040195.JPG

h2fbac96.JPG

h29d9581.JPG

Matrixone

Really nice job on the trolly Les. Makes me wonder how well you'd do some armor sometime. :soldier :coolio

Thanks guys!

I could easily tell I was getting close to the finish line on this model by simply looking outside...its raining! :bang head This seems to happen a lot to me, when a new model is finished I usually have to wait until the weather clears to get outside and get my pictures of it but while the build is under way there are several days of nice weather.

Bob,
There is a Tamiya 1/35th Panther in my stash I have been thinking about building, maybe I will get around to it later this year. :idonno

Matrixone

Back