• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya 1/48 scale Fw 190F-9

matrixone

Here is my entry for this GB, its the Tamiya 1/48 scale Focke-Wulf Fw 190F-9.

After opening the box and looking at the decal sheet the swastika markings are included so this means this build will truly be O.O.B. with nothing else needed to finish it. :good:

It might take a couple weeks before I start work on my entry since I have my work table packed with other projects I need to finish a few of them to clear some space. As with most Tamiya kits this Fw 190 should be a very quick to build model so I will get up to speed on my entry very quickly. :v

h8c5a1c4.JPG

hee8fc83.JPG

Matrixone

I started on my kit, after only a short time I have the cockpit nearly complete and have the fuselage halves together...these Tamiya kits are wonderful! This kit comes with instrument decals which really make getting a good looking IP effortless, another thing I like about this kit it comes with canopy masks even though you do have to cut them out yourself but that's far better than no masks at all. :)

h70ce0cb.JPG

h1553987.JPG

Below are photographs of the full size aircraft I will be marking my model as.
h19bae98.jpg

h742a1d4.jpg

Matrixone

Thanks!

If I did not have other models in-progress I think I could crank this kit out in a weeks time, its that good. :good:

Matrixone

While doing more work on this kit I found another bonus...Tamiya has given two types of bombs for the centerline ETC rack, one is the usual SC250 the other is the AB250 cluster bomb. :cheer: I will choose the cluster bomb for this model only because I have never before built a model that had this weaponas an option. Tamiya gives you complete decals for all of the bombs in this kit.

If Tamiya would only lengthen the landing gear legs or at least include proper sized wheels and redo the propeller this kit would be a steal and there would be no reason to buy the Eduard Fw 190A/F kits.

Matrixone

I agree 100% with you Les! This kit is a real pleasure to build, Eduard is very nice but more difficult to build than Tamiya (time consuming).

Great progress!

All the best!
Dusan.

Thanks guys!

Just this morning I assembled the bomb loading cart, wheel chocks, and the cluster bomb. The cart was a nice touch by Tamiya, a kit within a kit, even though its of simple construction the cart really looks the part.
The ground crew figures are nice too but to my eyes they might be a little too small. :idonno

Matrixone

Its been a little while since any work has been done on this one so here are some pics to prove I have not forgotten it. ;)

The prop, spinner, head armor, and engine have all been painted. I did not spend much time on painting the engine, once the airframe is built very little of the engine will be seen.

he4ddf15.JPG

h1ae6dd3.JPG

I will be painting and weathering the wheel wells today and then the wing will be glued together and attached to the fuselage.

Matrixone

Back