• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

So, what do you do for a living?

Well right now I'm working at a cabinet shop. But to be honest I've been there about two months and am already looking for something else. The low pay and hostile atmosphere just don't fly with me at all. Coupled with the fact that there are now a glut of jobs in the area that pay more money for less physical work then I do now lol. I'm also in the process of applying for colleges. Figured it was time to get off my butt and finally get the education for the career I truly want. (y)

Just got my second redundancy letter in 4 years... All my numbers are up for the last 2 years, 30 seniors are graduating because of my programs, but none of that matters. According to my principal all of my work relationships are negative and self-serving...

She has no proof, she has no documentation and I have never been counseled for anything...

I am going to own her...

Nerd... Go To College!

Well Guys, Gals, Folks, Dave & Ed ..... I've been a Jack Of all Trades ...... Master Of none ..... It would be easier to tell you what I haven't done ..... So Now I own & Operate ..... One of the world's smallest But ...... with a very large product availability Hobby Shops in Texas ...... I need more Space so I'm fixing to launch a Indiegogo campaign to fund building a Railroad Museum & Small steam engine Manufacturing shop ..... Of course there would be a Gift Shops that sells Hobby Supplies ......

Here's a link to the campaign .........

http://www.indiegogo.com/project/preview/026570b5

So I hope to move on to having metal casting pits & 3-D printers and move from being the middle man in the hobby business - to the guy who is making the stuff & selling it to the middle men ..... :eek:ldguy

Well y'all, I'm a bat swingin', glue sniffin' Truck drivin' son ofa gun who's currently unemployed, trying to get on Social Security due to medical issues namely my back & of course, possible nerve damage from a mysterious rash I contracted back in 2008 & nearly died from in 2009 after cleaning up after a fire at my folks' place (SEPT 2008) Have been unsuccessful at regaining my Class A license although I had my Learner's permit steady since 2006 until a couple yrs ago.
Drove locally with a friend of mine & did a few runs on my own for him. Had hoped to have my CDL completed long before now [But now I doubt I can pass the DOT Physical] as I had planned to back the truck up to a certain LHS in TX and start loading up some goodies... :bat :bat

Hey guys I saw this and decided to Re-post, as I had one post on this about 4 years ago. At that time I was Senior Buyer for a Medical/Surgical/Cleanroom Cleaning products company. Net company that also made funky side or niche items (http://fishdfunk.com/), but that job was moved overseas about a year-plus ago. Since then, I have been the product planner for a company that makes frame components and rollover protection systems for the Honda Pioneer side-by-side ATV. Ok place I guess, but would really like to find something a bit more suiting to my skills.

Well y'all, I'm a bat swingin', glue sniffin' Truck drivin' son ofa gun who's currently unemployed, trying to get on Social Security due to medical issues namely my back & of course, possible nerve damage from a mysterious rash I contracted back in 2008 & nearly died from in 2009 after cleaning up after a fire at my folks' place (SEPT 2008) Have been unsuccessful at regaining my Class A license although I had my Learner's permit steady since 2006 until a couple yrs ago.
Drove locally with a friend of mine & did a few runs on my own for him. Had hoped to have my CDL completed long before now [But now I doubt I can pass the DOT Physical] as I had planned to back the truck up to a certain LHS in TX and start loading up some goodies... :bat :bat

Well Ed You have a reprieve ... While after the Eagle - Quest deal last Year ... I really got the blues ... Let's face it folks the Days of the LHS are numbered ... I started off in this Building ... lots of Room ... Great plans for buying this place $20K ...

h52c34fa_2015-09-21.jpg

Now I've moved to a 24 X 24 foot ...

h35e6eb7_2015-09-21.JPG

I just signed a one year lease on the place ... So that makes Me the owner, co-worker & web master of Greenville Hobby Depot, Greenville, Texas ... So Ed if your bringing that truck ... You have a year to do it ... :ro: :dude

Well Ed You have a reprieve ... While after the Eagle - Quest deal last Year ... I really got the blues ... Let's face it folks the Days of the LHS are numbered ... I started off in this Building ... lots of Room ... Great plans for buying this place $20K ...

h52c34fa_2015-09-21.jpg

Now I've moved to a 24 X 24 foot ...

h35e6eb7_2015-09-21.JPG

I just signed a one year lease on the place ... So that makes Me the owner, co-worker & web master of Greenville Hobby Depot, Greenville, Texas ... So Ed if your bringing that truck ... You have a year to do it ... :ro: :dude

Good to know Gerry! Neva know, might just steala truck & come-a-callin' :evil: :java

I've been unemployed since I resigned from a career in management on 6/13/2014.
At the time, my father, who was living by himself at home, began to suffer from dementia. My mother was already in a nursing home, also a victim of dementia. So, at 56, I relocated and moved back "home." I cared for him until he went blind in one eye and it was no longer safe for him to drive. He's now in an assisted living facility and I'm "home alone."
Nonetheless, I am scheduled to return to my former employer on Nov. 9. Ironically, I'll be returning to the office where I began my career, which is in the city where I currently reside. Unfortunately, I couldn't go back to my previous location because it is nearly 100 miles away. However, many of my former co-workers, including my best friend, are still working at the local facility.
I lost nearly 15 years seniority, along with four weeks vacation, and took a substantial pay cut. But, I've fulfilled my familial obligations and am once again employed, which means a great deal nowadays.
This situation, along with some others, including a degenerative eye condition, forced me to abandon my modeling for the last half decade. Thankfully, I'm in a better place now, and intend on returning to the hobby I truly enjoy.
I made some good friends through this site and I appreciate the welcome back I've received. It's been great reconnecting with Andy Fettes and Bob Letterman, two of the most inspirational modelers I've had the pleasure to meet in person. I could probably say the same thing if I ever met Moon Puppy, but I'm afraid we'd end up in some drunk tank.

Randy I feel your Pain ... What ever you do don't open a Hobby Shop in a small town just because Wally - World quit selling styrene ... :rotf
My Mama is bad with that stuff also ... saw Her Sunday sang Her Happy Birthday and She Asked Who I was ... (y)

Mark I keep telling myself there is a need for Me ... a Kid Comes in Saturday needs a Battery for His R/C Car ... He doesn't know what kind of a battery He needs but is upset because I don't Have One ... :idonno :hmmm :ro: :dude

Thanks Paul & MP ... Another Year ... We'll see ... Heck in a Years time I maybe the only Hobby shop open ... :woohoo:

I feel for ya Randy. I've been unemployed for some time now & have moved back home at mom's request after my dad passed on in JAN 2014. I think mom's starting to show signs of dementia as she forgets things such as a conversation yesterday or,someone stopped by, but, remembers when reminded of it.
She lost her license in NOV as she couldn't pass the written tests so, I do all the driving for her.
I have a bad back & am trying to get on Social Security for it...

I am a Line Technical Leader for a soap company in cincinnati.
Basically I'm in charge of 16 machines on 2 lines.
We make bar soap so you guys don't stink!
We're making the world cleaner 1 bar of soap at a time!!!

Clear up right!
Tim

Hey, whatever it takes so you guys have no funk in your bunk. Oh by the way, use bar soap and not body wash. Bar wash is just 75% more water, so you're paying for water instead of soap.
Besides, if you guys Keep buying bodywash, it could put me out of a job and that means I can't buy models, build them and post them here. :D

Clear up right!
Tim

Back