• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

So, what do you do for a living?

Cool, soap maker... there's a profession you don't hear about often. Way to go!

I just wish they didn't put all that antibacterial crap in it these days! It wreaks havoc with the immune system.

I'm still doing home repairs for people. Haven't worked in a while, but I'm hoping to remedy that soon; I'm working on a large bid right now.

The big companies are actually starting to phase out the anti-bac in their soaps due to pressure from their customers.

Clear up right!
Tim

Tomorrow I get to finally process the paperwork to sub teach in 12 different districts. I might be able to make ends meet, for a while. We will see...

Meanwhile I have had several interviews with different companies and am waiting for the dreaded letter saying thanks, but no thanks.

Cool stuff Tim. Not sure I could work there with all the scents in the air.
Hope all goes well Barney.
James

Last year I made a deal with a co-worker to participate in the promotional process. He agreed to take the test if I did. Now I really didn't want to get promoted again, there's a lot to be said for being responsible for no one but yourself.

Well you guessed it, I screwed up and got promoted. I'm the nightwatch commander.

Yet again I'm responsible for a squad of psycho's just like me.

:huh:

G

Last year I made a deal with a co-worker to participate in the promotional process. He agreed to take the test if I did. Now I really didn't want to get promoted again, there's a lot to be said for being responsible for no one but yourself.

Well you guessed it, I screwed up and got promoted. I'm the nightwatch commander.

G

:rotf

G

Well, I'd say congratulations but from the sound of things, it's not exactly wanted. Still, your talents and skills are recognized and for that I say well done. Now to mold and shape those other psychos into your own twisted image! LOL! :evil: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Go get 'em Tiger!

G

Well, I'd say congratulations but from the sound of things, it's not exactly wanted. Still, your talents and skills are recognized and for that I say well done. Now to mold and shape those other psychos into your own twisted image! LOL! :evil: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Go get 'em Tiger!

:rotf Agreed Mark!! :drinks

G

I feel your pain, I keep raising my hand when new task come along, now half my days are filled with training on Cisco OS and the other is doing PM on a wireless project, all the while still doing my regular chores.

It's good to be needed though. :facepalm

I taught for 19 years and saw all of it disappear last spring.

Being 61 years old and already on disability, I didn't think I would be able to find a job. However, two weeks ago I began with the US Navy Finance Center here in Cleveland. :coolio

My goal is to pay off all my short and long term debt so that I can retire in 5-6 years.

Being 61 years old and already on disability, I didn't think I would be able to find a job. However, two weeks ago I began with the US Navy Finance Center here in Cleveland. :coolio

My goal is to pay off all my short and long term debt so that I can retire in 5-6 years.

(y)

Congrats Barney (y) (y)

I'm starting a new job here in about a week. I had been at my previous job for about 3 months. I was quickly promoted to maintenance supervisor there. But was never given a pay raise. Asked about it and was told it wasn't in the budget at that time. I was bored one day and discovered that my position was marked as hiring on their employment website but paying 5 to 10 dollars more an hour than what I was being paid for doing the same work. That plus lots of smaller things told me it was time to protect myself and start looking for work elsewhere. Started applying over the weekend and was already hired by a place yesterday but still have an interview for another place on Friday. Kind of glad I started applying since my current employer had an interview for my position yesterday and gave it to somebody else. So basically I was being used until somebody better came along.

Wow, that's just wrong. The days of employers taking care of their workers have been over for awhile, and thats a shame!

Tim

At the moment I have 3 Jobs. I work with Drink Vending Machines and work behind the Bar and Poker Machines at a Local Sports Club. Leading up to Xmas I also Play Santa at some of our Major Department Stores.....Cheers Mark

At the moment I have 3 Jobs. I work with Drink Vending Machines and work behind the Bar and Poker Machines at a Local Sports Club. Leading up to Xmas I also Play Santa at some of our Major Department Stores.....Cheers Mark

And here I thot you were a Koala trainer & boxing Kangaroos fer a livin'!! ;) :tomato

Back