• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

So, what do you do for a living?

Playing Santa gotta be fun. :frantic

Aye, picture that.....40 degrees centigrade outside, everyone wearing shorts and a t-shirt and not much else, while Santa is wearing a full red suit, hat and beard. :S

Xmas here is about going to the beach fellas, still getting my head around it after quite a few years down under.

I miss a white Christmas .... :(

Laurence

Beaches are white Thats why we all go to the beach in the Southern Hemisphere That and the scantily clad girls :drool

White beaches, what's that? I live between a couple of river deltas and the only color sand we have is dark tan. :D

During the day I am a commercial artist and supervisor of the Calcasieu Parish Police Jury's sign making department. whis is a "Parish Police Jury" you ask? It is the same as a county commissioner's office. My dad was an old school sign painter and I can still wield a pretty mean lettering brush although everything is done with on a computer now.

By night I am Gator, the Maker of Glue and Masks. Not really a second job as much as it is a hobby that funds my styrene addiction.

And on a side note, the reason Louisiana has "parishes" and not "counties" is because when the state was originally divided up into counties, they ran along the Catholic church's parish borders, so the residents called them parishes. Nothing fancy or having to do with Napoleonic code. Just a case of old habits die hard, especially with hard headed cajuns.

White beaches, what's that? I live between a couple of river deltas and the only color sand we have is dark tan. :D

During the day I am a commercial artist and supervisor of the Calcasieu Parish Police Jury's sign making department. whis is a "Parish Police Jury" you ask? It is the same as a county commissioner's office. My dad was an old school sign painter and I can still wield a pretty mean lettering brush although everything is done with on a computer now.

By night I am Gator, the Maker of Glue and Masks. Not really a second job as much as it is a hobby that funds my styrene addiction.

And on a side note, the reason Louisiana has "parishes" and not "counties" is because when the state was originally divided up into counties, they ran along the Catholic church's parish borders, so the residents called them parishes. Nothing fancy or having to do with Napoleonic code. Just a case of old habits die hard, especially with hard headed cajuns.

Excellent Kenny! Your attention to detail ion your job helps insure your model work with models, masks and glue are that much better. Way to go!

And thanks for the explanations on why your parishes are called Parishes. I kinda figured it was something like that, but wasn't sure. I did figure it had something to do with Cajuns though.

At the moment I have 3 Jobs. I work with Drink Vending Machines and work behind the Bar and Poker Machines at a Local Sports Club. Leading up to Xmas I also Play Santa at some of our Major Department Stores.....Cheers Mark

And here I thot you were a Koala trainer & boxing Kangaroos fer a livin'!! ;) :tomato
No, Thats his other hobby :D

:drinks Ahh sounds reasonable (y)

Nah you got it wrong. I train Drop Bears. If you see one you had better run........

Gerry is an 1 star general in just a few months

I is a general, general disaster, at your service, Ya'll all know I run a Mom & Pop Hobby shop, (without the Mom's joy). I just found out the other day that Hastings here in town, sells most of the stuff that I can get. I went on a spy mission the other night when I needed to go to a book store, I was very surprised to find hardly any books in that store. Still as I grew up the Hobby shop was my Hang out, I found that my place will be a better place to purchase your modeling addictions, as I know a little about what I'm selling. I asked for some micro-solve for my decals, they didn't have a clue, that's the difference between on-line, big box & discount hobby suppliers & your LHS owner. :woohoo: (y) :good:

I is a general, general disaster, at your service, Ya'll all know I run a Mom & Pop Hobby shop, (without the Mom's joy). I just found out the other day that Hastings here in town, sells most of the stuff that I can get. I went on a spy mission the other night when I needed to go to a book store, I was very surprised to find hardly any books in that store. Still as I grew up the Hobby shop was my Hang out, I found that my place will be a better place to purchase your modeling addictions, as I know a little about what I'm selling. I asked for some micro-solve for my decals, they didn't have a clue, that's the difference between on-line, big box & discount hobby suppliers & your LHS owner. :woohoo: (y) :good:

I'll probably have to have you keep an eye on the availability of that new Airfix Victor for me. ;)

I work as a project scheduler for a sub-contractor at a local oil refinery. I get to play w/ jigsaw puzzles on a computer all day! :dude

I am a pediatric surgeon at the University of Ulm in Germany. I got my MD in my Hometown of Porto Alegre, in Brasil, and my PhD in Newborn Physiology at the Medical College of Wisconsin in Miwaukee.

I have been living in Germany since 2001, and practicing as a consultant in ped. surgery, teaching Surgery in the medical faculty and doing research in molecular genetics. My main areas of expertise are pediatric surgical oncology and newborn surgery.

My research is mostly focused on the genetic background of common pediatric diseases, congenital malformations and above all pediatric tumors (literature available upon request!)

Whenever possible, though, I come to modelersalliance to get my mind a much needed rest.

Cheers all,

Alex

h0d0b08b.jpg

:notworthy
It has to be a special calling for work like that.

But more importantly, what zoom level are those extra eyes givin' you? :woohoo:

My previous co-worker had some telescopes like those that he used to work on watches with. They were a bit bigger and heavier than those.

What you do definitely taks some special skills Alex. Super tiny stuff tends to want to do it's own thing. (y) :notworthy

Back